29 нояб. 2015 г.

Evidence of Things Not Seen

Elementary 4×2


& Holmes: Oh, what a shame. History repeats itself, I’m afraid. We’re out of Tienchi Flower.

& Watson: I convinced him that he could use our expertise in neuro-economics.
    Holmes: Are you an expert in neuro-economics?
    Watson: I mean, compared to an FBI agent, apparently.

& Deputy Director Samuel Meher: How much do you know about neuro-economics?
    Holmes: We’re experts. .... In a nutshell, Agent Burke, they’re perfecting the art of brainwashing.
    Meher: Well, that’s not how we’d put it. It’s... a weapon of soft power.

& Watson: I think it’s nice that he wants to help, but you know we can’t go back to the department— it’s not possible.
    Holmes: Neither was war in the Falklands, but the old man tends to get what he wants.

& Watson: What cost? ... Did he ask us to do something?
    Holmes: No, but it’s only a matter of time. With him, there is always a cost. The toll always comes due.

& Holmes: I find the Chinese character suspicious, don’t you? Not their national fiber... the marking on this note.
Ω    |-)


& Holmes: Spies don’t have motives; they have orders.

& Holmes: In my experience, those with a great deal of power are often the same people who want a great deal more.

& Watson: I think we have to tell the FBI.
    Holmes: Tell them what? That I stole some top secret research? Or that we have eliminated one billion Chinese suspects in favor of one neo-reactionary monarchist?

& Holmes: I’d rather not present a theory of the crime I do not believe.
    Watson: Why? Simple stories sell.
    Holmes: You’ve been reading too much propaganda theory.

& Antonov: You’re... kindred spirits. I mean, I’m sure you know your Plato. «There will be no end to the troubles of humanity until philosophers become kings.»
    Holmes: Actually, we’re not acolytes, we’re detectives. And I’m with Churchill, I’m afraid. «Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.»

& Holmes: Good luck overthrowing the government. Don’t put us against the wall when you get those firing squads going, will you?

& Holmes: I have examined all and I have not been able to discover her accomplice or even the slightest whiff of impropriety.
    Watson: Ugh. So that rancid smell isn’t impropriety?
    Holmes: It’s hákarl. Fermented Icelandic shark meat. Brain food. It’s... a shock to the senses.

& The Mr. Holmes: I’m curious. Why kick over rocks if you really don’t want to know what’s beneath them?

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий