15 нояб. 2015 г.

Good Kill

& Colonel Johns: Rifle when ready.
    Major Egan: Master arm hot. Fly the laser.
    Airman Carlos: Target, lasered.
    Major Egan: Three, two, one, rifle. Missile away. Time of flight, 10 seconds.
    Airman Carlos: Splash.
    Major Egan: Good kill.

& M.I.C. Zimmer: Well, they don’t call it a Hellfire for nothing.
    Colonel Johns: Best use of $68,000 taxpayer dollars I’ve seen today.

& Major Egan: Master arm off. Weapon’s safe.
    Carlos: Laser safe.
    Major Egan: Damage assessment.

& Colonel Johns: We like to dress it up in fancy language. Prosecuting a target, a surgical strike, neutralizing the threat. Make no fucking mistake about it. We are killing people. So I’m gonna drill this into your heads every goddamn day. This ain’t fucking PlayStation. Even though the brass don’t like to admit it, our operation was modeled on Xbox. And half of you were recruited in malls precisely because you are a bunch of fucking gamers. And war is now a first-person shooter. But you pull a trigger here, it’s for fucking real. Ain’t a bunch of pixels you’re blowing up. It’s flesh and fucking blood. You pull a trigger here, someone’s gonna go away. Now, go away. Dismissed.

& Major Egan: One Minnesota, two Minnesota...
    Airman Vera Suarez: Isn’t it supposed to be Mississippi, sir?
    Major Egan: I’m from St. Paul.

& Airman Suarez: Good splash.
    Colonel Johns: Tarfu.
    Airman Suarez: Tarfu? What’s tarfu, sir?
    Colonel Johns: Totally and royally fucked up.


& Airman Suarez: I always think they can see us.
    Major Egan: At 10,000 feet, even if she stared straight at us, she couldn’t see us.

& Molly Egan: I get why you don’t want to talk about that. But you don’t want to talk about anything. I swear to God, if I didn’t start a conversation, we would never fucking have one!

& Cop: How’s the war on terror going?
    Major Egan: Kind of like your war on drugs.

& Colonel Johns: Take the day off. I think you get to use a little I&I.
    Major Egan: ????
    Colonel Johns: Intoxication and intercourse.

& Colonel Johns: So word has come down from on high that, for an unspecified number of missions, we are to serve another master... Christians in Action.
    Airman Suarez: ????
    Colonel Johns: The CIA.

& Colonel Johns: Don’t ask me if it’s a just war. That’s not up to us. To us, it’s just war.

& Colonel Johns: Major. Major.
    Major Egan: Yeah, laser on.
    Airman Suarez: It’s lased, Major.
    Major Egan: Master arm on, weapon’s hot. Three, two, one, rifle. Missile’s away. Time of flight, 10 seconds.......... Good kill.

& Major Egan: ....And then I blew them up, too. That’s my job.

& Major Egan: Once you see it, how do you unsee it?

& Colonel Johns: Not too many of us are in love with the tactics employed by our esteemed colleagues in Langley, Virginia, but let me ask you all a question... They kill us and we kill them. I mean, does anybody here think for a solitary second that if we stop killing them, they’re gonna stop killing us? It’s a vicious cycle, it doesn’t matter who made it vicious. But they aren’t gonna stop, so we can’t. And that’s why I’m gonna sit over Afghanistan and Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Sacramento-fucking-California, every day of what’s left of my sorry career if it saves one innocent American life. ’Cause I got no idea in hell how to explain to some grieving parents their son or daughter is dead because we thought enough was enough. We declared victory and went home.

& Airman Suarez: If you change your mind. The airman part’s a little misleading, but... Make no mistake, I am first class.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий