21 июн. 2015 г.

Stripes

& John: I gotta straighten out.
    Anita: This is ridiculous.
    John: Right.
    Anita: That’s what you said last week.
    John: You know, how much can you straighten out in one week?

& John: I’ve had an interesting morning. In the last two hours I’ve lost my job, my apartment, my car and my girlfriend.
    Russell: You still have your health...

& Sgt. Hulka: I don’t care where you come from, I don’t care what color you are... I don’t care how smart you are or how dumb you are... because I’m gonna teach every last one of you... how to eat, sleep, walk, talk, shoot, shit like a United States soldier. Understand?

& Sgt. Hulka: Corporal Briggs, we have a comedian in our midst. Will you take this comedian outside... and watch him do 50 pushups?

& Russell: The important thing is not to panic. We should, like, build a shelter, I think. Then we make some stone tools and we can cut some spears and arrows. Because tonight we’re gonna go out and kill a wild boar. And then we’re gonna dry the meat for traveling. And in the morning we can chop down a big tree... and make a dugout canoe. And we could find a river that’ll probably run down to the ocean. If we’re lucky, we’ll drift into those major shipping lanes... we’ll probably get picked up in a day or two by a Liberian freighter. What do you think?
    John: I think we should find a hotel room.

& John: Who cares about fair? The world isn’t fair! Truth isn’t fair! Is it fair that you were born like this? No! They’re not expecting somebody like you. They’re expecting a slug. You’re different. You’re weird. You’re a mutant. You’re a killer! You’re a trained killer! You’re a lean, mean, fighting machine!
    Ox: I’ll do it!


& John: We’re not Watusi. We’re not Spartans. We’re Americans. With a capital A! You know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers... were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse... We’re the underdog. We’re mutts. Here’s proof. His nose is cold. So is his brain. But there’s no animal that’s more faithful... that’s more loyal, more lovable than the mutt. Who saw Old Yeller? .....
    So we’re all dogfaces. We’re all very, very different. But there is one thing that we all have in common. We were all stupid enough to enlist in the Army. We’re mutants. There’s something wrong with us, something very, very wrong with us. Something seriously wrong with us. We’re soldiers, but we’re American soldiers. We’ve been kicking ass for 200 years! We’re 10 and 1!
    Now we don’t have to worry... about whether or not we’ve practiced. We don’t have to worry... about whether Captain Stillman wants to have us hung. All we have to do... is to be the great American fighting soldier... that is inside each one of us.
    Now, do what I do... and say what I say... and make me proud.

& Sgt. Hulka: Buona sera, gentlemen.
    Russell: It. Is. Alive.

& Sgt. Hulka: You’ll guard this vehicle until 0800 on Monday morning... and the rest of you got the weekend off. Dismissed!
    John: Sarge, why me?
    Sgt. Hulka: Oh, I don’t know, son. I ain’t got no military reason for it, I just don’t like you. Have a nice weekend.

& John: Come on, it’s Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick them up and we zip right out again. We’re not going to Moscow. It’s Czechoslovakia. It’s like going into Wisconsin.

& John: Russell, what are you afraid of?
    Russell: I’m not afraid. There are two things I promised myself I’d never do: Kill and die.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий