2 июн. 2015 г.

Jupiter Ascending


& Jupiter: Technically speaking, I’m an alien. And from the perspective of immigration, an illegal one.

& Jupiter: Problem with astrology?.. Total bullshit.

& Jupiter: I hate my life.

& Jupiter: Hey, cousin, speaking of money, I was wondering if...
    Vassily: Oh, let me guess. Another advance. For what this time? Shoes? A new phone?
    Jupiter: I’ll earn it back.
    Vassily: No, you mean you’ll waste it trying to make yourself feel better by buying something you don’t need.
    Jupiter: So, what, instead of feeling better, I should save my money and feel worse?
    Vassily: Exactly. Now, you’re a smart girl, Jupiter.

& Jupiter: Why do they have to use words like «harvesting»? It’s just creepy.

& Jupiter: Why is it that you get ten grand and I get five? I mean, they’re not your eggs.
    Max: That’s capitalism, babe. Shit rolls downhill. Profits flow up.


& Jupiter: Are those flying boots?
    Caine: They use the force of gravity, redirecting it into deferential equation slopes that you can surf.
    Jupiter: Yeah. I heard «gravity» and «surf.»

& Caine: Up is hard. Down is easy.

& Jupiter: Okay, what is with this «Your Majesty» thing?

& Jupiter: Are you talking about dinosaurs?.. Wait, are you saying your people killed the dinosaurs?
Stinger: Technically, they’re your people, Majesty.

& Kalique Abrasax: How old do you think I am?
Jupiter: ... Late forties?
Kalique Abrasax: I recently celebrated my fourteenth millennium... Fourteen thousand and four, to be precise... You’d be just as amazed how quickly it goes.

& Kalique Abrasax: In your world, people are used to fighting for resources, like oil, or minerals, or land. But when you have access to the vastness of space, you realize there’s only one resource worth fighting over... even killing for... more time. Time is the single most precious commodity in the universe.

& Caine: You heard the lady down there. You’re an Abrasax now.
    Jupiter: No, no, I am a Jones. Well, except when I’m mad, then I’m a Bolotnikov.

& Caine: I’m a splice. You don’t understand what that means, but... I have more in common with a dog than I have with you.
    Jupiter: I love dogs, I’ve always loved dogs.

& Clerk: Well, congratulations, Your Majesty... And my deepest condolences.
    Jupiter: Thank you?

& Balem Abrasax: Lies are a necessity. They are the source of meaning, of belief and hope. Honestly, lies are sometimes the only reason I get out of bed.

& Stinger: I love my daughter, Caine. She’s the only good thing I’ve done with this life. You would have done the same.
    Caine: Are there any other family issues that I should know about?

& Jupiter: Who are all these people?
    Balem Abrasax: Just Sims. A necessary feature for all royal weddings.

& Balem Abrasax: Life... is an act of consumption... Jupiter. To live... is to consume. Now the human beings on your planet are merely a resource... waiting to be converted into capital. And this entire enterprise is just a small part in a vast... and beautiful machine defined by evolution, designed to a single purpose... to create profit.

& Jupiter: I am not your damn mother!

& Caine: You think you’ll ever tell them?
    Jupiter: What, that I own the earth?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий