15 июн. 2015 г.

Gemma Bovery

& Valérie: Englishmen don’t shoot themselves. Too polite.

& Julien: What’s their name?
    Martin: Guess.
    Julien: Sherlock Holmes. James Bond. McDonalds.
    Martin: Bow my. His name is Charles. Hers is Gemma. Isn’t that wild? Here in Normandy. Where Flaubert wrote his masterpiece.

& Valérie: The film sucked. I prefer La Princesse de Clèves.
    Julien: Me, Call of Duty.
    Martin: We’re talking literature, not video games.
    Valérie: Listen to me... I’d rather you took drugs than talk crap.

& Valérie: Typical uptight Englishwoman, no smiles, pissed off with life. She’s pretty, but not all that pretty. Quite boring, in fact! A boring woman who can’t stand her boring life is not that boring.
    Martin: Madame Bovary. Here we go again.
    Valérie: She’s just boring, period.

& Gemma: Very... relaxing.
    Martin: It’s my yoga. Doing it every day...
    Gemma: Magical.
    Martin: Touching bread is like touching... the earth.

& Martin: Have you read it? It’s a masterpiece. It blew me away when I was 16. She wants everything from love and is always disappointed. A mundane story told by a genius. Flaubert invented a bored woman, a universal character. She’s almost become an archetype.


& Rankin: ...I live here.
    Wizzy: And Rankin adores France, especially French food.
    Martin: I’ve been hearing that for years and years... You love France and French food.
    Rankin: I love French cheese, French wine... Is that wrong?
    Martin: It’s like with Morocco. Long live couscous but let’s forget the Moroccans. Reducing France to wine and Camembert is pathetic.

& Hervé de Bressigny: I gave it to a skilled restorer, an Englishman here.
    Madame de Bressigny: An Englishman?!
    Hervé de Bressigny: He’s very professional.
    Madame de Bressigny: Spare me this nonsense. How can an Englishman repair a Sèvres statuette that survived 3 revolutions and 2 world wars without a scratch?

& Martin: You’ve started it? Madame Bovary...
    Gemma Bovery: Barely... Maybe because of the name. I wanted to see what it was about.
    Martin: You like it’?
    Gemma Bovery: Nothing happens but at the same time... it’s interesting.
    Martin: That’s exactly right!

& Julien: Guess what their name is. It starts with a adulteress, tragic death. Jumped in front of a train.
    Martin: Anna Karenina?
    Julien: Bingo. In fact it’s Kalenina. Almost the same.
    Martin: This is wild.

& Martin: Have you read Anna Karenina?..

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий