3 июн. 2015 г.

Men of Blood

TURN 2×4


& Abraham: That’s brilliant there, Ben.
Benjamin: Look, this clear fluid is called the agent. And the green is the reagent. Now you apply just a little bit with a very fine brush... It took us months to acquire this much. There. Just wait. .....
    Abraham: Ah, look.
    Benjamin: What did I tell you, huh? Invisible ink.
    Anna: Magic.
    Benjamin: No, chemistry.

& Maj. André: Allow me to save you some time. My people are from mercantile stock. My father Swiss, my mother French. Huguenots. No land, new money. Like you, sir, though less of it, I suspect. Possibly owing to the fact that my father chose to invest in 4% government bonds rather than on the backs of West Indian slaves!

& Townsend: I already know the truth about you.
    Abraham: Oh, you think so?
    Townsend: You are a boy playing a man playing a spy. And each one a liar.

& Anna: You were right, this is a marvel.
    Maj. Hewlett: Yes. This one’s mirror was cast, ground, and polished by William Herschel himself.
    Anna: William...?
    Maj. Hewlett: Herschel. The greatest astronomer of our age. We’ve long been in correspondence and he has recently confided to me there may be a seventh planet in our solar system. I suggested to him that if he finds it, he should christen it Georgium after our king.


& Anna: I find myself constantly impressed by modern science...
    Maj. Hewlett: It gives me hope to hear it for we are at the birth of a new age, Anna. A struggle between men of reason and men of blood, of base instinct, contending for the soul of mankind. A war between men who desire civility and those who crave savagery. Between those golden in head and heart and those red in tooth and claw. And if reason loses, there will be pandemonium or hell to pay.

& Maj. Hewlett: I for one put my faith in reason and order. For example, I believe that Halley’s Comet will return precisely on schedule in 1835, like celestial clockwork, as a mark of the Lord’s favor towards our empire.
    Anna: Amen, sir.

& Benjamin: Intelligence, sir. Acquisition, translation.
    Gen. Benedict Arnold: Intelligence?.. Tell me, where is the personal honor in that? What I mean to say, Benjamin, is that you are a man of blood, not some deskbound clerk. You can be a spy or you can be a soldier, but you can’t be both.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий