28 июн. 2015 г.

Black or White

& Elliot: I’m not very good at math, though, all right? I’m a lawyer. You know what we’re good at, right?.. Nothing... That was... That was a joke.

& Rowena: You just want her away from us. The black people.
    Elliot: Now why... Why do you always have to checkmate me with that shit? You always do this. You always say something like that. How am I supposed to respond?

& Jeremiah: Do you want what’s best for the child?
    Rowena: Yes.
    Jeremiah: Then he has a problem with black people. Now it’s our job to make sure that he and the court understand that very clearly.

& Elliot: I don’t have a drinking problem, Rick, all right? I enjoy drinking. If it were a problem, I’d stop.

& Duvan: Have you thought about learning a new language? When I am low, or in a place in my life where I cannot make things happen the way I want them to happen, sometimes to busy myself, I teach myself a new language. It really seems to help me feel more at ease. Even if truly I am just distracted.
    Elliot: Duvan, tell me the truth. What planet are you really from? OK? I’m not gonna report you, I just would like to know.

& Elliot: Duvan, I was thinking maybe... you could teach me a language.


& — You start attacking this kid and the game is already over.
    Elliot: Oh, for the love of God. He’s not a kid. He’s 30 years old!
    Rick: Nobody is arguing with you here. It’s just the world we’re living in.

& Jeremiah: Do you have a problem with racial prejudice? ...
    Elliot: Is that what you want to make this about, Jeremiah? Really? Well, let’s do it then...
        So yes, we’re different, you and I. You want to submit that? Submit it. We have different skin color. Is that the first thing I notice when I see a black man, the color of his skin? Yes. Submit away. Because I can go ahead and submit that it’s the first thing you see when you see a white guy.
        Now I don’t know why that is any more than I know why when I see a good-looking woman, the first thing I notice are her breasts. Because I do. But if I move onto my next thought quick enough, I’m not a pervert, all right? I’m not a... I’m not a bad guy. I’m just... I’m just mildly flawed.
        It’s the same thing with race. It’s not my first thought that counts, it’s my second, third and fourth thought. And each and every case I’m in, it comes down to the same thing: the action and interaction I’m having with the person that I’m interacting with.

& Elliot: .... So, no, Jeremiah, I’m not racially prejudiced, I just don’t happen to want your little nephew’s broken-down black ass anywhere near my granddaughter. What’s your next question?

& Elliot: No way in hell she’s not gonna take Eloise away from me. Not a shot in hell.
    Rick: Ah, come on, you were great. Not a lot of the other Klan members could be that articulate.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий