25 дек. 2014 г.

What If

& Chantry: I don’t think you can have Princess Bride as one of your favorite movies if you actually think love makes you a worse person.
Wallace: Well, no, it’s irrelevant. The Princess Bride is a fairy tale. In fairy tales, love inspires you to be noble and courageous, but in real life, love is just an all-purpose excuse for selfish behavior. You can lie and cheat and hurt people, and it’s all okay because you’re in love.

& Wallace: ...So I found this website where they explain what Fool’s Gold is. You take... a loaf of Italian white bread, you coat it in butter and bake it. Then you hollow out the inside and coat it with an entire jar of peanut butter, and an entire jar of jam. Then you stuff it with a pound of crispy bacon. The website said it serves eight to ten people, or one Elvis.

& Chantry: Wallace!
    Wallace: Yes?
    Chantry: Are you alone?
    Wallace: Like, in the universe?
    Chantry: No, in the hallway!

& Allan: I just had sex. I’m about to eat nachos! It’s the greatest moment of my life! Unless you screw it up with whatever you’re about to say.

& Allan: A hundred percent honesty is the foundation of any relationship.
    Wallace: You are a hundred percent honest with Nicole?
    Allan: Yes. Yep. About everything.
    Wallace: New Orleans, 2006? What was her name?.. Favia? Yeah, she did look like a woman, to be fair.
    Allan: Ninety-nine percent honesty is the foundation of any relationship.


& Nicole: God, what’s the best-case scenario? «Wallace, I love you. Let’s have sex forever until we die having sex»?
    Wallace: That is the best-case scenario.
    Nicole: Okay, and what’s the worst-case scenario? «Wallace, you shit-drizzling liar. This whole time, you’ve just been trying to put your junk inside my trunk.»
    Wallace: Anything involving the phrase «put your junk inside my trunk» actually would be the worst-case scenario.
    Nicole: Look, the one thing I like about getting married is that you get to stand up in front of everyone you care about and state, for the record, that you believe in the best-case scenario. It terrifies me, but that’s why the outfits are so nice.

& Allan: It’s complicated. All this love shit’s complicated. And that’s good. Because if it’s too simple, you’ve got no reason to try. And if you got no reason to try, you don’t. Wait, I just described you.

& Chantry: My God, what did you do to yourself?
    Wallace: Ninja attack.

& Chantry: So... when I said «I have a boyfriend and I just want to be friends» and you said that’s what you wanted too, that was a lie?
    Wallace: No. No. I wanted that to be true. But it wasn’t.
    Chantry: You never wanted to be my friend.
    Wallace: We are friends. I haven’t just been trying to put my junk inside your trunk.

& Felix: Can I talk to you?
    Wallace: Felix, I said not right now! I’m having a bad life.

& Wallace: What’s wrong? What’s wrong? Are you choking? Okay, I’m gonna try and Heimlich you.

& Wallace: I’m getting back to the life I was supposed to have by now.
    Allan: When you’re old and wrinkled and your penis doesn’t work anymore... Not that it’s in great shape now. But in that old, wrinkled, dickless future, will this seem like the right call?

& Wallace: I don’t want the sex to be too good right away. I’m intentionally being much worse in bed than I actually am so that it can just keep getting better forever.
    Chantry: But, like, very slowly, over many, many decades so that we hit our sexual peak in our 90th.
    Wallace: Yeah. That’s the plan, actually, is if the last time we have sex is also the best and that it actually kills you.
    Chantry: That wouldn’t be such a bad way to go.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий