29 нояб. 2014 г.

The Godfather: Part II

Part I

& Michael: The price for the license is less than 20,000 dollars, right?
    Sen. Geary: That’s right.
    Michael: Why would I pay more than that?
    Sen. Geary: Because I intend to squeeze you. I don’t like your kind of people. I don’t like to see you come out to this clean country in oily hair dressed up in those silk suits and try to pass yourselves off as decent Americans. I’ll do business with you, but the fact is that I despise your masquerade, the dishonest way you pose yourself and your whole fucking family.
    Michael: .... Senator, we’re both part of the same hypocrisy... But never think it applies to my family.

& Kay: It made me think of what you once told me. «In five years the Corleone family will be completely legitimate...» That was seven years ago.
    Michael: I know. I’m trying, darling.

& Michael: See... All our people are businessmen. Their loyalty is based on that. One thing I learned from Pop was to try to think as people around you think. On that basis, anything is possible.

& Clemenza: I’m Clemenza, you still have my goods? Did you look inside?
    Michael: I’m not interested in things that don’t concern me.

& Michael: I saw an interesting thing happen today... A rebel was being arrested by the military police. Rather than be taken alive, he exploded a grenade he had in his jacket. He killed himself and took a captain of the command with him.
    Roth: Those rebels are lunatics.
    Michael: Maybe so. But it occurred to me, that the soldiers are paid to fight, the rebels aren’t.
    Roth: What does that tell you?
    Michael: They can win.


& Fredo: Uno... Por favor... How do you say Banana Daiquiri?
    Michael: Banana Daiquiri.
    Fredo: That’s it?
    Michael: That’s it.

& Michael: Fredo! Where are you going?
    Fredo: I’m going to get me a real drink, because I can’t...

& Clemenza: Are you sure he’s going to go for it?
    Vito: I’ll make an offer he don’t refuse. Don’t worry.

& Michael: Tell me something, Ma... What did Papa think... deep in his heart?

& Ma: You can never lose your family.
    Michael: Times are changing...

& — It’s my pleasure. I don’t want money. Take it as a gift.
    Vito: If there’s something I can do for you, you come, we talk.

& Vito: Do me this favor. I won’t forget it. Ask your friends in the neighborhood about me. They’ll tell you I know how to return a favor.

& Don Roberto: What a misunderstanding! Holy Mary! Of course Signora Colombo can stay! I’m giving back the money you gave me... Un, due, three, four, five, six, tutt’! Because after all, Don Vito, money isn’t everything... Can I sit down?.. Your kindness to that widow made me ashamed of myself. The rent stays like before! ... I’ll even lower it! I’ll lower it $5. ... I’ll lower it $ 10!
    Vito: Grazia...

& Tom: Impossible. They’ll turn him over to the Internal Revenue, Customs and FBI.
    Michael: It’s not impossible. Nothing’s impossible.

& Michael: If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it’s that you can kill anyone.

& Tom: Is it worth it? You’ve won. Do you want to wipe everybody out?
    Michael: I don’t feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies, that’s all.

& Tom: You were around the old-timers, who built the organization of the families, basing them on the old Roman legions, with «regimes,» «capos» and «soldiers»...
    Frankie: And it worked.
    Tom: Yeah, it worked.
    Frankie: Those were the great old days, you know. We was like the Roman Empire. The Corleone family was like the Roman Empire.
    Tom: Yeah, it was... once.

& Sonny: Did you go to college to get stupid?.. Stupid!


--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtrack!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий