30 нояб. 2014 г.

The Godfather: Part III

Part II

& Connie: Michael...
    Michael: Yes?
    Connie: Now they’ll fear you.
    Michael: Maybe they should fear you.

& Archbishop Gilday: Mea culpa. I trusted my friends.
    Michael: Friendship and money... Oil and water...

& Archbishop Gilday: It seems that, in today’s world, the power to absolve debt is greater than the power of forgiveness. 600 million dollars.
    Michael: .... Don’t overestimate the power of forgiveness.

& Don Altobello: Michael, your father was a reasonable man. Learn from him.
    Michael: I learned many things from my father.

& Michael: Joey Zasa is nothing. He’s a small time enforcer. He bluffs and threatens. He’s nothing. You can see him coming a mile away.
    Vincent: We should kill him before he...
    Michael: No! Never hate your enemies.

& Vincent: I say we hit back and take Zasa out!
    Michael: Never let anyone know what you’re thinking.

& Michael: It’s not so bad, really. I feel... I’m getting wiser now.
    Kay: The sicker you get, the wiser you get?
    Michael: When I’m dead, I’ll be really smart.

& Michael: Vincenzo... When they come, they’ll come at what you love.

& Michael: I want you to do something for me. It’s dangerous.
    Vincent: Good. I’m in. What do you need?
    Michael: I want you to sell your soul to Don Altobello.


& Vincent: You’re a man of finance and politics. Things I don’t understand.
    Don Lucchesi: You understand guns. Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.

& Cardinal Lamberto: Would you like to make your confession?
    Michael: Your Eminence, I’m... It’s been so long. I wouldn’t... I wouldn’t know where to... It’s been 30 years.

& Michael: What is the point of confessing if I don’t repent?
    Cardinal Lamberto: I hear you are a practical man. What have you got to lose?.. Go on.
    Michael: I... betrayed my wife.
    Cardinal Lamberto: Go on, my son.
    Michael: I betrayed myself... I killed men. And I ordered men to be killed.
    Cardinal Lamberto: Go on, my son. Go on.
    Michael: It’s useless.
    Cardinal Lamberto: Go on, my son.

& Cardinal Lamberto: Your sins are terrible, and it is just that you suffer. Your life could be redeemed, but I know that you don’t believe that. You will not change.

& Vincent: Give me the order.
    Michael: You won’t be able to go back. You’ll be like me.
    Vincent: Good.
    Michael: All my life I wanted out. I wanted the family out.
    Vincent: I don’t want out. I want the power to preserve the family.

& Vincent: I’m your son. Command me in all things.
    Michael: Give up my daughter. That’s the price you pay... for the life you choose.

& Michael: Nephew... from this moment on... call yourself Vincent Corleone.

& Don Altobello: I know how you feel about Michael, but you can’t save him. He’s lost. Think of yourself. What’s your answer, Vincent?
    Vincent: ...Enjoy the opera. It’s all taken care of.

& Mary: I’ll always love you.
    Vincent: Love somebody else.

& Don Lucchesi: And Michael Corleone’s message?
    Calo: It’s very important. I must whisper it in your ear. ... ’Power wears out those who don’t have it.’

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий