27 нояб. 2014 г.

Wish I Was Here

& Aidan: Maybe we’re just regular people. The ones who get saved.

& Aidan: The swear jar is all the money we have to send you to college, so you should be happy I curse.

& Aidan: Now go be Jewish.
    Tucker: Why? It’s so boring.
    Aidan: I have no idea. Ask the rabbis.
    Tucker: Shalom.

& Gabe: So, you win.
    Aidan: My father has cancer, my children have to drop out of school, and I don’t have a job. How could I possibly be winning?
    Gabe: God works in mysterious ways.
    Aidan: This is particularly mysterious.

& Aidan: What do we do?
    Gabe: What do you mean, «What do we do?» We move forward. It’s the only direction God gave us.

& Rabbi Twersky: Do you ever watch these YouTubes?
    Aidan: YouTube? Yes, I’ve seen YouTube.
    Rabbi Twersky: This kitten will not allow his brother to sleep, no matter what.
    Aidan: You know kittens, they’re always doing something.

& Aidan: But what about my dream? I mean, doesn’t God believe in my pursuit of happiness?
    Rabbi Twersky: No! That’s the Declaration of Independence. Thomas Jefferson cared about your happiness. God wants you to provide for your family, Mr. Bloom. God believes your family deserves both milk and honey.

& Gabe: You marry a half-Jew, you provide your children with absolutely no sense of spirituality or faith in a higher power. Now, for dessert, you spoon-feed them all your fears. It’s a mess, Aidan.


& Sarah: I was terrified that I’d never ever find that kind of passion in my life. And the truth is, I haven’t. I input data into a spreadsheet. Literally, a scanner should be doing my job, and there’s just too much bureaucracy for anyone to even notice.

& Aidan: It’s funny, you spend your whole life hoping it’ll all mean something, and ultimately it really comes down to one question in a neatly folded pamphlet. How should we deal with your bones?

& Sarah: I just always imagined I’d have a better handle on what I believed by the time we had kids.
    Sarah: And we got pregnant so young, and now I have these little faces looking up at me and I don’t know what to say.
    Aidan: I know, I’m with you.
    Sarah: Fuck if I know what we’re supposed to be doing here.
    Aidan: As parents or on Earth?
    Sarah: Can I say both?

& Alan: You need to promise to smile a little more. You know, a little bit more Hakuna matata.
    Sarah: I don’t know what that means.
    Alan: It means, «No worries for the rest of your days.»
    Sarah: No, I have two children, I know it’s from The Lion King. I just don’t understand how that applies to the water department.
    Alan: It means that you need to lighten up a little bit, Sarah. You’ve got something everybody else wants.
    Sarah: Remind me what that is.
    Alan: A job.

& Aidan: You know what the problem with hiding in a fish bowl is, Noah? Everyone can see you.

& Terry: God can be whatever you want him to be. You’re getting tangled in semantics. Try not to get caught up in the God who wants you to be kosher, and the God who wants you to study the Torah. Start with God as the infinite universe, and imagine that that force may be trying desperately to guide you through the most challenging part of your life. Even if it has to appear to you in the form of a space-man to get you to listen.

& Sarah: When I lost my sister, you were the most helpful person to me.
    Gabe: Really? I mean, I’m glad if I was, but I don’t even remember what I said.
    Sarah: You said, «Nothing in life will call upon us to be more courageous than facing the fact that it ends. But on the other side of heartbreak is wisdom.»
    Gabe: I said that?

& Gabe: Do you see that or is God very different than I imagined?

& Gabe: If there's a next time, I'll do better.

& Gabe: So fast. Try to remember how fast it goes.

& Aidan: When we were kids, Noah and I used to pretend that we were heroes with swords, the only ones who could save the day. But perhaps we set the bar a little bit high. Maybe we’re just the regular people. The ones who get saved.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий