4 нояб. 2014 г.

The Golden Lotus

The Knick 1×9

& Robertson: Captain... if I can convince the owner of the pharmacy to drop his complaints against Dr. Thackery... will this sufficiently satisfy your understanding of the letter and the spirit of the law?..
    NYPD Captain: Breaking and entering carries with it a minimum sentence of five years at Sing Sing... And something for the roundsmen who apprehended him...

& Nurse Elkins: What can I do to help?.. Just tell me what I can do.
    Dr. Thackery: You can find me... an ocean of cocaine.

& Cornelia: Algie, do you want to keep the child?

& Wu: You have quite a dainty foot. In Chinese we say it is Jin ping Mei... A golden lotus. Here, I’ll write it down for you. During the act of passion, a man’s pleasure may be enhanced immeasurably by having his concubine place her foot in his mouth. Do this for me... and I shall trade you 10 grains of opium and... 100 Yankee dollars.

& Cornelia: ...you’d find comfort in your faith.
    Sister Harriet: Faith isn’t always a comfort.


& Dr. Thackery: As long as you didn’t have to put your golden lotus in his mouth to pay for it.

& Dr. Edwards: Mr. Oates. I want you to open your eyes for me. And, please, don’t be alarmed. I’m a colored man.

& Cleary: Well, that’s the Germans for you. Never been a race better at squeezing the life out of a dime.
    Barrow: I thought that was the Jews.

& Dr. Edwards: I can’t kill my own child.
    Cornelia: What are the alternatives?

& Nurse Elkins: Wait, let’s douse your sex with it.
    Dr. Thackery: No. Let’s douse yours.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий