23 мая 2014 г.

The Monolith

Mad Men 7×4

& Stan: You know Lou didn’t fight for our space...
    Peggy: He doesn’t believe in creative because he doesn’t know how to do it.
    Lou: Trust me, you’re going to use that computer more than you use that lounge...
    Peggy: Did he hear me?!

& Don: I don’t even know what’s going on.
    Roger: Well, we’re getting a computer. It’s going to do lots of magical things, like make Harry Crane seem important.

& Lloyd: I go into businesses every day, and it’s been my experience these machines can be a metaphor for whatever’s on people’s minds.
    Don: Because they’re afraid of computers?
    Lloyd: Yes. This machine is frightening to people, but it’s made by people.
    Don: And people aren’t frightening?
    Lloyd: It’s not that. It’s more of a cosmic disturbance. This machine is intimidating because it contains infinite quantities of information, and that’s threatening, because human existence is finite. But isn’t it godlike that we’ve mastered the infinite?

& Lloyd: The IBM 360 can count more stars in a day than we can in a lifetime.
    Don: But what man laid on his back counting stars and thought about a number?
    Lloyd: He probably thought about going to the moon.

& Peggy: Marsha, can you bring Don and Mathis to my office?
    Marsha: Certainly. ... Miss Olson would like to see you.
    Don: Send her in.
    Marsha: No, I’m to send you in.


& Lloyd: Advertising— does it work?
    Don: On some people... It helps to have a good product.

& Don: Well, the first question is how is what you’re selling unique?

& Don: That whole industry is exploding. This guy has exponential growth.
    Cooper: Have you forgotten the stipulations?
    Don: Fine, tell somebody else. I mean, the apple is right there.
    Cooper: You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what went wrong here. ... You thought there was going to be a big creative crisis and we’d pull you off the bench, but in fact, we’ve been doing just fine.
    Don: So, why am I even here? I could’ve gone anywhere.
    Cooper: Why are you here?
    Don: Because I started this agency!
    Cooper: Along with a dead man— whose office you now inhabit.

& Peggy: So, they just dropped it in my lap, hoping one of us would fail.
    Joan: Well, Peggy, I don’t know if this makes you feel better, but I don’t think they thought about it at all.

& Don: I want my job back.
    Freddy: How the hell do you think that’s going to happen when you’re at the bottom of a bottle? You know you never have to have another drink again.
    Don: I don’t want to hear that right now.
    Freddy: You’re hungover. It’s the best time to hear it.

& Freddy: Are you just going to kill yourself? Give them what they want? Or go in your bedroom, get in uniform, fix your bayonet, and hit the parade? Do the work, Don.

& Roger: How could you just leave him? He’s your baby!
    Margaret: How did you feel when you went away to work, Daddy? Your conscience must have been eating you alive. Calling your secretary from a hotel to pick out a birthday present for me? I’m sure you were sick. It’s not that hard, Daddy. He’ll be fine.
Ω Boom. Boomerang.

& Peggy: Good morning.
    Don: I’ll have your tags by lunch.
    Peggy: ... Great.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий