10 мая 2014 г.

The Man with the Twisted Lip

Elementary 2×21

& Coach: You’re next. What’s the greatest threat to your sobriety?
    Holmes: Uh... Sherlock, addict. ... I... am without peer. Without sane peer, anyway... which is functionally identical to being without a peer, full stop. I can only extend so much of myself... to a non-peer. Which means I can only extend so much of myself to anyone. I’ve made progress, of course, but... I don’t know how much more growth there is within me. If I can never value a relationship properly, then... at what point do I stop trying to maintain them?
    Coach: You haven’t turned your back on the world yet.
    Holmes: But, I am without peer. And that’s the greatest threat to my sobriety.

& Mycroft: Why exactly do you keep a whisk in your spare bedroom?

& Watson: Did you just say, “shared custody arrangement”? As in you and Mycroft sharing custody of me?
    Holmes: There’s no need to be offended. It’s a term of art...
    Watson: It is a term of, “never use it again or I will kick you in your soft parts.”


& Mycroft: Wh-Wh-Why should we deny ourselves the chance at... something... just because Sherlock would make it difficult?
    Watson: “Difficult” may be an understatement.

& Holmes: I’m just concerned that you were lying about your evening in order to protect Mycroft from my wrath. Did he take liberties with you?
    Watson: I don’t even know what that means.

& Watson: Maybe the killer was running?
    Holmes: Have you ever tried to fire a shotgun while sprinting? The experience has very little to recommend it.

& Holmes: Watson and I routinely save lives, and I cannot and will not allow anything to get in the way of that.

& Watson: What are you working on?
    Holmes: Proof that my brother is either an idiot or a criminal.

& Watson: What is that noise?
    Holmes: It’s metal striking glass. It’s not an insect. It’s a machine.

& Watson: I think you might have been right.
    Holmes: Yeah. On what topic?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий