27 мая 2014 г.

Mr. Culpeper

TURN 1×6

& Mr. Sackett: Scenario 37... agent-to-agent transfer.

& Gen. George Washington: It was a lone report and unconfirmed until our victories at Trenton and Princeton proved it accurate. More accurate than any piece of intelligence we received thus far, at least. Gentlemen, I’ve asked you here today to determine if this was a fluke and, perhaps more importantly, if this fluke can be repeated.

& Maj. Andre: Show me how your former mistress would cut up and eat her meat. ... Ah, ah. It is the European custom, and most appropriate, to switch and feed oneself with the dominant hand. The time it takes to transfer prevents us from descending into gluttony. You must think us mad to devote such attention to trivialities, don’t you? I know I certainly did when I was first made to learn it all.

& Mr. Sackett: Don’t tell me your agent meets your courier in person?
    Tallmadge: Oh, well, of course.
    Mr. Sackett: Failure. Death. No, no, no. Courier and agent are never in the same place at the same time.
    Tallmadge: Well, then how do you expect for them to make the transfer?
Mr. Sackett: You predetermine the location to drop, id est, hide the lettre confidentielle in question and then arrange a later time for retrieval. A dead drop... to ensure your agents don’t drop dead from being caught in flagrante delicto.
    Gen. Scott: Which demonstrates the folly of this scheme. If a single link is broken, the entire chain is rendered useless.
    Mr. Sackett: Which is why we use encryption, sir. To shield the men, not the message.


& Mr. Sackett: Captain, which enciphering method have you been using thus far? Rossignol? Trithemius? Personally, I prefer Dumas. Please tell me you’re using encryption. ... My God.

& Mr. Sackett: The brilliance of Mr. Woodhull is his life is his legend. There’s no reason to invent a false one. He’s already living it.

& — What’s your family think of you?
    Abraham: What I do, I do for my son.
    — He know you’re a liar?
    Abraham: He’s a year old. I want to be there for him when he grows up.
    — If I had a son, I’d have him know I fought and died for my beliefs so he could rise to avenge me.
    Abraham: I’d want my son to choose for himself... rather than have his father choose for him. But then our... views on liberty... true liberty... may differ.

& Gen. George Washington: We cannot let that happen to Mr. Culpepper.
    Tallmadge: Mr. Culpepper?
    Gen. George Washington: We’ll never use the name Woodhull again.

& Gen. George Washington: You are an invaluable asset to me, and so, General Scott, I feel it better to apply your acumen where it is most needed... on the front.
    Gen. Scott: But, sir, a captain can’t run the intelligence branch!
    Gen. George Washington: That’s why I have promoted him to major.

& Tallmadge: And might I ask, what is the meaning of “Culpepper”?
    Gen. George Washington: Excellent question...

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий