5 мая 2014 г.

Fiduciary Duties

Silicon Valley 1×4

& Richard: How many does he have?
    Ron Laflamme: Not too many. Like six or eight.
    Richard: Ok. Why are there so many?
    Ron Laflamme: You know how sea turtles have a shit-ton of babies because most of them die on their way down to the water?.. Peter just wants to make sure that his money makes it to the ocean.

& Ron Laflamme: A lot of these guys come in here and they can do all of the engineering stuff but they get all hung up on technicalities. They can’t just tell you what their vision for the company is. Those guys are so fucked. It’s like you need both halves of the brain, right? The Jobs and the Wozniak. The ying and the yang.
    Richard: Oh. I think it’s “yin”.
    Ron Laflamme: “Yin”?
    Richard: Yeah.
    Ron Laflamme: Like “yin and yan?”
    Richard: No. Like yin and yang.
    Ron Laflamme: No. It’s ying and yang, they’re opposites.

& Dinesh: Richard, I’m just gonna recap for a second, um, you turned down ten million dollars to be able to develop something that you, as the head of the company, can’t even describe to another human being?.. I say this only to motivate you.

& Richard: Shoulda worn more than my underwear and a bed sheet.
    Gilfoyle: Underwear? Pussy.
    Erlich: Yeah. I’m with him. This is the type of evening that requires free-balling.


& Richard: You know, I wish this was Roman times. You know? Life was simpler back then.
    Dinesh: Simpler for you. I would have been a slave.
    Gilfoyle: There’s still time.

& Richard: Uh, what type of actressing you work?
    Brooke: Oh, we’re working right now. Our startup sources actors to parties to liven things up and get into conversations with guests and be interested in them.

& Peter Gregory: Welcome to the Peter Gregory foundation’s fourth annual orgy of caring. The first three were fine... I hope that you enjoy the party... There is a second bar in back... where the line is much shorter... Thank you. I’m finished.

& Erlich: ... Plus, we have this for the Pied Piper documentary that we’re eventually gonna make. We’re making history together, partner.
    Richard: Are you dressed like Steve Jobs?
    Erlich: Oh, am I?.. Well, I suppose Steve and I always have shared a similar aesthetic.

& Gilfoyle: But you’re wearing a jacket.
    Erlich: Yeah, because I’m the genius marketer. I’m not a code freak like you guys. Besides, I’m wearing sandals so I am iconoclasting a little bit.

& — Yeah. We all got acquired by Hooli, when we didn’t work out, none of us got reassigned. Because Gavin believes in this Japanese form of management where not being assigned is the most shameful outcome.
    Big Head: Yeah, it does feel uncomfortable.

& Gilfoyle: Maybe he did blow him.
    Jared: Well, love and hate... It’s all passion.

& Richard: You want vision, I will show you fucking vision.
    Jared: I like this new angry side to you. Being around angry people relaxes me, because I know where I stand.

& Richard: Jared, I’m on a carpet in a bathroom.
    Jared: Yeah, ok. Um, I know this isn’t the best thing to say to someone having a panic attack, but we need to hurry here.

& Erlich: Today’s user wants access to all of their files from all their devices instantly. That’s why cloud-based is the holy grail. Now Dropbox is winning, but when it comes to audio and video files, they might as well be called Dripbox...

& Erlich: ... We control the pipe, they just use it. That’s the vision in Richard Hendricks’ head.

& Peter Gregory: It’s ok for you to leave now.

& Richard: You really saved my ass even after I was such a dick to you.
    Erlich: What else could I do, Richard? You’re my Wozniak. And I will always be... Motherfu...

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий