23 мая 2014 г.

House of Cards 2×12

Chapter 25

& Walker: You gave this to me as a gesture of friendship. When I look at this now, I don’t see friendship, I see calculation. You set me up, Frank.

& — You said you didn’t want to kick up dust if we could avoid it.
    Jackie: It’s The New York fucking Times. You should’ve let me know.

& Jackie: I want to beat this bitch down.
    — I know she went after you. but going after her...
    Jackie: Not her, Claire Underwood.

& Underwood: All right. Let’s say that what the president has accused me of... is true. Would that be so bad, if taken to its conclusion? Wouldn’t you stand to benefit? Wouldn’t the country?..

& Claire: I’m sorry. There were political realities we couldn’t ignore.
    Megan: Do you ever wonder why so many people hate Washington?.. It’s because of people like you using phrases like that.

& Tusk: Such a shame. You have just made 42 billion enemies, Remy, and some change.
    Ramy: Thirty-nine billion, Raymond... Your market cap is shrinking.


& Jackie: Impeachment can be defeated.
    Underwood: But that’s what we need to avoid.
    Jackie: You want impeachment.
    Underwood: Why fight a losing battle?
    Jackie: We have a majority in the House...
    Underwood: We do now, but not if this party fails to distance itself from a toxic president...
    Claire: We’re thinking ahead here.
Ω Fuh. Who’s really toxic here?

& Underwood: What we offer is progress, with a promise of more to come.
    Claire: It’s only the beginning, Jackie.
    Underwood: Ruthless pragmatism, remember? That’s why I wanted you to be the whip. The three of us, we’re cut from the same cloth.

& Jackie: Mr. Vice President, what you’re asking is just shy of treason.
    Underwood: Just shy, which is politics.

& Underwood: Oh, be careful, it’s delicate.
    Jackie: What is it?
    Underwood: Something I’ve been working on for a very long time, and it’s nearly finished. Jackie... help us finish it.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Σ Stakes rocketed up to the skies.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий