22 янв. 2013 г.

The Tall Man

& Julia: What did you guys do today?
    Christine: It’s not what we did, it’s what he asked.
    Julia: What did he ask?
    Christine: Brought up a T word. Television.
    Julia: What did you say?
    Christine: I said it was an evil brainwashing tool used by big corporations to corrupt the peoples.


& Julia: It’s a cycle.
    Mrs. Johnson: A cycle? What cycle?
    Julia: The system is broken. It doesn’t work. There’s nowhere to turn, there’s no support. I’ve seen it all over the world. It’s just easier to give up. I’m not... any better than you, Mrs Johnson. I’ve just seen more. It’s not a matter of being a good person or being a bad person, it’s about how you cope. We are so limited. But the eyes of every child are filled with potential and hope, and we should embrace and nourish that potential, but we don’t. We continue to make the same mistakes. We continue to let the children grow up broken and lost, just like their parents. We have to break the cycle. It has to be the priority, but it’s not. That’s what I’ve been trying to do. That’s what I’ve done everywhere. And what did I change? Nothing! Yes I cared, I helped, I cuddled. Thinking I was bringing change, thinking I was making a difference. But when we asked for real change, all these bureaucrats said: “No, you can’t do that. There’s a process”. Every time you question the politicians and the system that makes poor people poor and the children suffer, they said “no you can’t do that, there’s a process”, so the cycle goes on and goes on and goes on. And the children continue to suffer and no one does anything about it, and the world will never change... God, I’m just torturing you.

& Mrs. Parker Leigh: So, there are more of you?

& Jenny: Every morning I wake up to the same thought of giving it all up and running back home. But I remind myself I wanted this life. I wanted it. I made it happen. I guess it’s better this way, right? Right? Right?

--
On the IMDb

Σ Brought to my attention by nostradamvs:
«Сценарист умудрился перевернуть сюжет как минимум 5 раз, и это круто. Правда, по дороге сценарист потерял логику...»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий