8 янв. 2013 г.

Struck by Lightning

& Carson: I always thought death would be different. >I expected a great wave of realization to sweep over me. Suddenly, the meaning of life would be answered along with >every other question I ever had. But there was nothing to realize... I was dead.

& Carson: You’ve seen my end. But where do I begin? I remember when I realized I was different from everyone else...
    Teacher: When something takes away something else, what do we call that? Not addition, but...
    Carson: Homicide.
    Carson: I was advanced at a young age.

& Carson: Most of the founding fathers were closeted homosexuals and slave owners.

& Carson: I remember when I discovered the power of words and how easy it was to escape into a world of my own by using them.

& Carson: High school... Society’s bright idea to put all their aggressive, self righteous, pubescent, naive youth into one environment to torment and emotionally scar each other for life.

& Carson: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Why did I get a “C” on this? This is a great paper.
    Teacher: The assignment was to pick either evolution or creationism and provide background evidence as to why you believe that theory.
    Carson: I know. I picked evolution. I said that it’s obvious creatures can adapt to their environments because I no longer have the urge to throw things at students who believe in creationism. Right? Right?
    Schoolgirl: I believe in creationism.
    Carson: Exhibit “A.”


& Sheryl: Are you drunk?
    Carson: Wasted.

& Carson: So many people to blackmail, so little time.
    Malerie: But how’re we gonna blackmail all of them?
    Carson: Humph. I don’t know. I got dirt on most of them. So I’m not sure. But then again, Columbus wasn’t sure if north America was there. But it didn’t stop him from sailing to it. And once he was there, you know what he did?
    Malerie: What?
    Carson: He enslaved every single Indian around him.

& Malerie: They will believe, ’cause we will spread that shit like Nutella.

& Dwayne: Why do people live 2d lives in a 3d world when they can live 4d lives all the time?

& Malerie: Malerie writing. Part 38... Action!

& Claire: I wanted to be a ballerina.
    Carson: What stopped you?
    Claire: They all laughed at me.
    Carson: But I didn’t laugh at you. In what grade do we stop believing in ourselves? Well, what grade do we just stop believing period? I mean, someone has to be a Nobel peace prize winner. Someone has to be a ballerina. Why not us?

& Sheryl: Have fun. Be home at a decent hour and... and all that parenting shit.

& Carson: Sometimes I just don’t get it. Life. I mean, why do some of us have to work so hard for things we believe in and others don’t? I mean, why do some of us care so much? I mean, why are some of us selfish by nature and... Some of us are selfish to survive?

& Carson: I wanted to be heard so bad that I never thought about listening.

& Carson: What I regretted the most was that I lived every day waiting for my life to begin.

& Grandma: You remind me of my grandson.
    Carson: I do? Why is that?
    Grandma: You’re sad looking.

& Carson: Malerie, why do you film everything? I mean, I’m sure you don’t want to remember... Everything.
    Malerie: What isn’t worth remembering? With good memories come bad memories, and I’ve got a lot of both. At least this way I can fast forward through all the bad stuff. A counselor once told me that it doesn’t matter if you’re stuck in the past or if you try to forget the past. What matters is what you do in the present. That’s why I just try to soak it up as much as possible.

& Carson: Hi, you’ve reached Carson. Leave a message, mom.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий