28 янв. 2013 г.

Abiquiu

Breaking Bad 3×11

& Jesse: You know, I-I-I don’t get it. Why would anyone paint a picture of a door over and over again, like, dozens of times?
    Jane: But it wasn’t the same.
    Jesse: Uh, yeah, it was.
    Jane: It was the same subject, but it was different every time. The light was different. Her mood was different. She saw something new every time she painted it.
    Jesse: And that’s not psycho to you?
    Jane: Well, then, why should we do anything more than once? Should I just smoke this one cigarette?.. Maybe we should only have sex once if it’s the same thing.
    Jesse: Whoa, no...
    Jane: Should we just watch one sunset?.. Or live just one day... Because it’s new every time. Each time, it’s a different experience.

& Marie: You can do this, Hank. Come on, it’s supposed to hurt. Pain is weakness leaving your body.
    Hank: Pain is my foot in your ass, Marie.

& Jesse: You know what? I want it back. All of it. I’ll sell it myself!
    Badger: Come on, man. Don’t be like that. Selling to these people, it’s like shooting a baby in the face. It’s not natural.

& Walter, Jr.: How’d you get her to sleep so quick? Are you that boring?
    Walter: I’m comforting. I’m a comforting presence.

& Skyler: Do you even know Walt? I mean... how would he of all people buy a laser tag business? It doesn’t add up.
    Saul: It adds up perfectly. Walt’s a scientist. Scientists love lasers. Plus they got bumper boats, so...

& Skyler: If you’re gonna launder money, Walt, at least do it right.


& Skyler: It’s a story people will believe. Not laser tag. This. This is what we buy. You. This is what you buy.

& Saul: Let me tell you something. If you’re committed enough, you can make any story work. I once convinced a woman that I was Kevin Costner. And it worked because I believed it.

& Saul: This dump isn’t gonna work because it doesn’t have a Danny. Okay? There’s no Danny here.
    Walter: What in God’s name is a Danny?
    Saul: Danny runs the laser tag. Danny is the guy who had a vision. Where others saw a dirt lot, he saw black lights, rubber aliens, teenagers running around with ray guns, right? ... You buy this place, all you got is a big building that squirts water. You got no Danny here.

& Marie: Guess what.
    Hank: People who say “Guess what” and then actually expect you to guess... I hate those people.

& Skyler: What about me?
    Walter: What about you?
    Skyler: Me. I’ll be the Danny.

& Walter: You are not in this! You are not...
    Skyler: We’re married. How am I not in this?
    Walter: We are not married, Skyler. We’re divorced! ...... Right?

& Jesse: What was that?
    Walter: An invitation.

& Gustavo: I hope you like paila marina... It’s a fancy name for fish stew.

& Walter: Why did you invite me here?
    Gustavo: We’re working together... Why not break bread together?

& Gustavo: Mmm. It always amazes me the way the senses work in connection to memory... I mean, this stew is simply an amalgam of ingredients. Taken separately, these ingredients alone don’t remind me of anything. Hmm. Not very much at all. But, in this precise combination, the smell of this meal instantly... it brings me back to my childhood. How is that possible?..
    Walter: Basically, it all takes place in the hippocampus. Neural connections are formed. The senses make the neurons express signals that go right back to the same part of the brain as before, where memory is stored. That’s, uh, something called relational memory. Uh... don’t quote me on that. I-I’m rusty on my biology.

& Gustavo: You are a wealthy man now. And one must learn to be rich. To be poor anyone can manage.

& Walter: What advice do you have for me?
    Gustavo: Never make the same mistake twice.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий