16 янв. 2013 г.

Cloud Atlas

& Luisa Rey: And... question three. What the fuck am I doing here?

& Archivist: Remember this is not an interrogation or a trial. Your version of the truth is all that matters.
    Sonmi-451: Truth is singular. Its “versions” are... mistruths.

& Robert Frobisher: A half finished book is, after all, a half finished love affair.

& Abbess: Mind the words of Sonmi. “Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime... and every kindness... rebirth our future.”

& Sonmi-451: “You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power.”
    Archivist: Alexander Solzhenitsyn, 20th century philosopher complete works, and by Unanimity. How do you know about him?
    Sonmi-451: Hae-Ju.

& Hae-Ju: Survival often demands some courage.

& Sonmi-451: Knowledge is a mirror.

& Isaac Sachs: Freedom. The fatuous jingle of our civilization. But only those deprived of it have the barest inkling of what it really is.

& Isaac Sachs: There’s no good choice here, is there? If I help you, I close my job... or worse. If I don’t, a lot of people... And it will be worse than worse.
    Luisa Rey: You have to do... whatever you can’t not do.


& Zachry: Old Uns got the Smart. They mastered sick and seeds, they make miracles and fly across the sky.
    Meronym: True. All true. But they got somethin’ else. A hunger in their hearts, a hunger that’s stronger than all their Smart.
    Zachry: Hunger? For what?
    Meronym: A hunger for more.

& Isaac Sachs: Belief like fear or love is forced to be understood as we understand the theory of relativity, and principles of uncertainty. Phenomena that determine the course of our lives.

& Javier: You got to tell me what’s happening.
    Luisa Rey: Okay, let me take off these clothes, call the cops, and I promise I tell you everything that happen in the morning.
    Javier: Okay. But I hope you realize you just said exactly what every character in any decent mystery says right before they get killed...

& Sonmi-451: I’m just a dinery server. I was not genomed to alter reality.
    General Apis: No revolutionary ever was.

& Robert Frobisher: I understand now, that boundaries between noise and sound are conventions. All boundaries are conventions, waiting to be transcended. One may transcend any convention, if only one can first conceive of doing so. Moments like this, I can feel your heart beating as clearly as I feel my own, and I know that separation is an illusion. My life extends far beyond the limitations of me.

& Javier: Come on, Luisa. First rule of mystery writing: a good clue always leads to another clue.

& Timothy Cavendish: So... adieu! Which, translated literally from the French, means: “To command before... God”!

& Joe Napier: Whatever you do, don’t look back.

& Timothy Cavendish: Ruddy bloody hell!

& Mr. Meeks: I know, I know.

& Mr. Meeks: Are there no true Scotsmen in the house? Those there English gerrrrunts are trampling all over my God-given rrights!

& Dr. Henry Goose: Unfortunately, you’re wrong. Wrong like Horrox and your silly father-in-law. There is only one rule that binds all people, one governing principle that defines every relationship on God’s green earth. “The Weak are Meat and the Strong Do Eat.”

& Mexican Woman: Amaba... a este... perro! And don’t call me a fucking wetback.

& Sonmi-451: To be is to be perceived. And so to know thyself is only possible through the eyes of the other. The nature of our immortal lives is in the consequences of our words and deeds, that go on and are pushing themselves throughout all time.

& Archivist: You say that you loved him?
    Sonmi-451: Yes I do.
    Archivist: You mean you are still in love with him?
    Sonmi-451: I mean that I will always be. Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we’re bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, rebirth our future.

& Archivist: In your Revelation, you spoke of the consequences of an individual’s life replicated throughout eternity. Does this mean that you believe in an afterlife? No heaven or hell?
    Sonmi-451: I believe this is only a door. When it closes, another opens. If I can’t imagine heaven, I would imagine a thorough hope. And behind it, I will find him there, waiting for me.

& Sonmi-451: This is what general Apis asked of me.
    Archivist: What, to be executed?
    Sonmi-451: If I had remained invisible, the truth would stay hidden. I couldn’t allow that.
    Archivist: And what if no one believes this truth?
    Sonmi-451: Someone already does.

& Haskell Moore: There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive. If you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best, you exist as paria, to be spat on and beaten. At worst, lynched or crucified. And for what? For what? No matter what you do, it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.
    Adam Ewing: What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Soundtrack

Σ Pufff. Such a thing. The big one. Need to know a primary source.

+anashulick: "В общем и целом, время не потеряно, нет.
Но побочных эффектов и последующего воздействия не ждите.
"

Ну да, ну да. Но дух-то захватывало. Wachowski, чо ж. Как Знак Качества. Свою часть Оскаров заслуженно заработали.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий