23 янв. 2013 г.

English Vinglish

& Neighbor on the plane: ’Stop this cow dung... Let’s start with the bomb...’
    Another passenger: Excuse me... are you a terrorist? We are trying to sleep here...

& Neighbor from the plane: Listen... Don’t let these people scare you... It’s time for them to get scared of us. This is your first trip to the US... and first times happen only once. Every first experience is special... So enjoy... Surely, definitely, confidently!

& Manu: Shashi... that’s Manhattan...
    Shashi: Man... hat... tan?
    Meera: ’Man’ means... aadmi. ’Hat’... means topi. Mom... what’s ’tan’ in Hindi? ’Tan’... means... dhoop ki chaap!
    Shashi: Aadmi... topi... dhoop ki chaap.

& Laurent: All ok?
    Shashi: What right do children have... to treat their parents like this? They don’t even know the meaning of respect! Am I a trash can... to dump in whatever they feel like? What kind of a relationship is this? We do our best to make them happy... and how easily they hurt you in return. Kids are supposed to be innocent... What kind of innocence is this... taking advantage of our weakness... You can teach everything... but how do you teach someone... to be sensitive to others?


& David: Rama... you have something to say?
    Rama: Sir... I have lot to say... I have ’a’ lot to say... Yes, Sir... My... My deepest feeling... is to teach them such a lesson such a lesson... such a lesson...
    David: Who Rama?
    Rama: Oh, sorry... I want to teach the office peoples big lesson. They’re thinking... no... he’s a idiot... only knowing the software. Making fun of my behind... of my English. But now I will show them that Ramamurthy is Mr. Ramamurthy! I will show them what I can do!

& Shashi: When you don’t like yourself... you tend to dislike everything connected to you. New things seem to be more attractive. When you learn to love yourself... then the same old life... starts looking new... starts looking nice. Thank you... for teaching me... how to love myself! Thank you for making me... feel good about myself. Thank you so much!

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий