22 янв. 2013 г.

The Origins of Monstrosity

American Horror Story: Asylum

2×6

& Sister Jude: Oh, Mrs. Reynolds... One of my dreams for Briarcliff has been to open a children’s ward. There are so many little souls who could use our help. But we can do nothing until that time. Prayer... is your strength and your ally.

& Mrs. Reynolds: Where does this evil come from? Could she have been born that way?

& Oliver: Is there anything more heavenly than waking from a nap to the smell of croque-monsieur?

& Oliver: Can I tell you a secret?.. Nutmeg makes all the difference in the world.

& Oliver: I was right about you. You’re the one.

& Oliver: Have you ever read or heard about the Harlow studies? Baby rhesus monkeys were separated from their mothers after birth, and they were given two substitute mothers: a wire mesh one with milk and the other covered in terrycloth. Every monkey preferred the terrycloth-covered mother, even if it didn’t have milk.
    Lana: Because of the warmth?
    Oliver: Because of the skin. Even monkeys know the difference.


& Monsignor Howard: All these wasted lives...
    Dr. Arden: All these wasted opportunities...

& Dr. Arden: I’m sorry. Would you have preferred Mozart?

& Dr. Arden: When they arrived here, these patients were less than men. Now, because of me, they’re more than human. Would you care to see what your benevolence has produced? Witness the next stage of human evolution.

& Jenny: She thinks I killed Josie.
    Sister Eunice: Did you?
    Jenny: No.
    Sister Eunice: Did so.
    Jenny: How do you know?
    Sister Eunice: I know everything. I’m the devil.

& Oliver: It’s such a disappointment... when people don’t live up to expectations. Sometimes all you can do is... end it.

You Don’t Own Me by Lesley Gore

♪ You don’t own me ♪
♪ I’m not just one of your many toys ♪
♪ You don’t own me ♪
♪ Don’t say I can’t go with other boys ♪
♪ And don’t tell me what to do ♪
♪ And don’t tell me what to say ♪
♪ And, please, when I go out with you ♪
♪ Don’t put me on display... ♪

& Sister Jude: To your impressive single-mindedness. ... To you... And to God’s will.

& Dr. Arden: You must understand, these... so-called Nazi hunters are nothing but... self-loathing, self-seeking, money-grubbing Jews! The Catholic Church certainly understood that. At least the Pope had the good sense to...
    Sister Eunice: Arthur...
    Dr. Arden: I am not a monster! I’m a visionary.

& Lana: My baby...
    Oliver: Baby needs colostrum*.

& Detective John Grayson: Did you kill these people?
    The voice: Only the imposters. I just wanted you to know that.

--
colostrum — молозиво

+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий