29 янв. 2013 г.

Man-date

House of Lies 2×3

& Monica: Who are you, Jeremiah? I mean, oh, you’re like the fucking morality Nazi or something.
    Jeremiah: A moral Nazi?.. You need to read a book.
    Monica: You’re a sanctimonious* old prick.
    Jeremiah: And you’re a hungry ghost.
    Monica: Okay, okay. Why are you... you’re fucking... Damn it! You fucking provocateur. Okay, what is it?
    Jeremiah: What is a hungry ghost?.. So glad you asked. It’s a creature that can’t be sated. Always trying to feed itself, but its arms are too long to reach its tiny little mouth.
    Monica: Thank you so much for the bullshit sandwich, but I’m full.

& Jeannie: Gosh, how do you do it? You know, balancing marriage and career and kids?
    Tamara: Well, you do one thing for a while until the other thing suffers, and then you swing back and pay attention to the other. It’s the most imperfect system, and unfair, but honestly, I haven’t seen anything else work better.


& Monica: You remember how I said that I had such a good time tonight?
    Monica’s Date: Yeah, yeah. So, look, I’m pretty speedy. We could just...
    Monica: That was reflexive, like, “God bless you” when you sneeze.
    Monica’s Date: Oh.
    Monica: Because, truthfully? Listening to your fatuous, boring, hipster-elitist diatribe against free market capitalism made me want to go purchase a gun and then put us both out of our misery.

& Clyde: We’re talking $500 million. These guys do not have that type of money.
    Marty: Oh, so you’re the consultant and the accountant now?
    Clyde: Oh, okay, because I’m Jewish, I’m the fucking accountant? Fuck you, man.

& Marty: I need a drink. Uh, correction: I need to drunk.
    Jeannie: Uh, yeah, drink till drunk.

--
sanctimonious — ханжеский; лицемерный

On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий