5 февр. 2011 г.

Mad Men 3x7

Seven Twenty Three

Season 3, Episode 7


& Betty: So, Don?
    Don:I think it’s fine, Betts.
    Betty: All you do at work all day is evaluate objects. I would like the benefit of your eye.
    Don:... Move the end table and the lamp to the other end of the couch.


& Don: Connie. What a great way to start the day.
    Hilton: 9:30? It’s practically lunch.


& Don: What can I do for you?
    Hilton: I don’t know what I’m more disturbed by, the fact that you don’t have a Bible, or that there’s not a single family photo.
    Don: I’m easily distracted.
    Hilton: You should have those things. They’ll make you feel better about what you do. Start showing up on time.
    Don: Maybe I’m late because I was spending time with my family reading the Bible...


& Roger: How was your weekend?
    Don: Short.


& Peggy: I’m sorry if... I was excited. And... I heard there was an amazing assignment.
    Don: And you thought you’d come in here and ask for it because I never say no.
    Peggy: You say no all the time.
    Don: What do I have to do for you? Peggy, tell me. You were my secretary, and now you have an office and a job that a lot of full-grown men would kill for. Every time I turn around, you’ve got your hand in my pocket. You want a raise. You want this account. Put your nose down and pay attention to your work, because there’s not one thing that you’ve done here that I couldn’t live without.
    Peggy: I’m sorry, Don.
    Don: You’re good. Get better. Stop asking for things. Close the door.


& Peggy: What do you want from me?
    Duck: I want to take you in that bedroom, lock the door, take your clothes off with my teeth, throw you on the bed and give you a go-around like you’ve never had.


& Betty: They offered you a contract and you didn’t say a damn thing to me. {...} And why the hell won’t you sign it?
    Don: It doesn’t concern you. You’re taken care of.
    Betty: Why won’t you sign it?
    Don: Let me explain something to you about business, since, as usual, you’re turning this into something about yourself. No contract means I have all the power. They want me, but they can’t have me.


& “Archie”: ’A hillbilly* knocks on the door of his new neighbor’s house. “Howdy, neighbor,” he says. “In honor of you moving into the holler, I’m gonna throw a party. There’s gonna be a whole lot of drinking, a whole lot of dancing and a whole lot of screwing.” “Sounds like fun,” the neighbor says. “What can I bring?” The hillbilly replies, "You can bring anything you want. It’s just gonna be you and me."’


& Don: Good morning.
    Cooper: Sit down.
    Don: What do you want?
    Cooper: Sacajawea carried a baby on her back all the way to the Pacific Ocean. And somewhere, that baby thinks he discovered America. You, Don, have been standing on someone’s shoulders. We brought you in, we nurtured you like family, and now’s the time to pay us back. You can’t go any further on your own, Don. Would you say I know something about you, Don?
    Don: I would.
    Cooper: Then sign. After all, when it comes down to it, who is really signing this contract anyway?



Some people say a man is made out of mud.
A poor man’s made out of muscle and blood.
Muscle and blood and skin and bones, a mind that’s weak and a back that’s strong.




-- Dict:
hillbilly — деревенщина

+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий