18 февр. 2011 г.

Donnie Darko (2/2)



& Dr. Thurman: Donnie, what did Roberta Sparrow say to you?
    Donnie: She said that every living creature on Earth dies alone.


& Dr. Thurman: To die?
    Donnie: To be alone.
    Dr. Thurman: Do you feel alone right now?
    Donnie: I don’t know. I’d like to believe I’m not, but I just... I’ve just never seen any proof, so I... I just don’t debate it anymore, you know? It’s like I could spend my whole life debating it over and over again, weighing the pros and cons, and in the end, I still wouldn’t have any proof. So I just... I just don’t debate it any more. It’s absurd.


& Dr. Thurman: The search for God is absurd?
    Donnie: It is if everyone dies alone.


& Donnie: Good morning.
    Cunningham: Good morning.
    Donnie: Um... How much are they paying you to be here?
    Cunningham: Uh... excuse me? What is your name, son?
    Donnie: Gerald.
    Cunningham: Well, Gerald, I think you’re afraid.
    Donnie: Are you telling us this stuff so we can buy your book? Because I got to tell you, if you are, that was some of the worst advice I ever heard.
    Cunningham: Do you see how sad this is?
    Donnie: Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, top eating Twinkies, and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. It takes a little while to find that out. Right, Jim? And you... Yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Maybe you should lift some weights or take a karate lesson. And the next time he tries to do it, you kick him in the balls.
    Cunningham: Do you see the fear, people? This boy is scared to death of the truth. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places.
    Donnie: You’re right, actually. I am pretty... I’m pretty troubled and I’m pretty confused, but I... and I’m afraid, really, really afraid. Really afraid. But I... I think you’re the fucking Antichrist.


& Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit? Take it off.


& Donnie: How’s it feel to have a wacko for a son?
    Mom: It feels wonderful.


& Donnie: So, what do I tell the other kids when they ask about you?
    Karen Pommeroy (Drew Barrymore!): Tell them that everything is gonna be just fine.


& Donnie: What’s “Cellar Door”?
    Karen Pommeroy: This famous linguist once said, that of all the phrases in the English language... of all the endless combination of words in all of history, that “cellar door” is the most beautiful.
    Donnie: “Cellar door”?


& Donnie: I only have a few days left before they catch me.
    Dr. Thurman: Did Frank tell you to do these things?
    Donnie: I have to obey him. He saved my life. I have to obey him or I’ll be left all alone. And then... and then I won’t be able to figure out what this is all about. I won’t be able to know his master plan.
    Dr. Thurman: Do you mean, God’s master plan? Do you now believe in God?


& Donnie: Go home. Go home and tell your parents everything will be okay.


& Gretchen: What if you could go back in time and take those hours of pain and darkness and replace them with something better?


& Donnie: “Dear Roberta Sparrow, I’ve reached you in your book, but there’s so many things I need to ask you. Sometimes I’m afraid of what you might tell me. Sometimes I’m afraid that you’ll tell me this is not a work of fiction. I can only hope that the answers will come to me in my sleep. I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.”

Mad World



+ on Imdb.


Donnie Darko

__ Such a deep pond...

+ Brilliant Gyllenhaal (Prince of Persia, Love and Other Drugs).

! 8.3/10 on Imdb.

. 10x 2 anashulick.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий