27 февр. 2011 г.

Due Date (2/2)



& Peter: Now, if you’re gonna travel with me to Los Angeles... I gotta give you a couple guidelines. Number one: If you ask me a single question, I’m going to flip out on you. So don’t do that. Do you understand?
    Ethan: Somewhat, yes.
    Peter: If you fall asleep for any reason... other than the fact that you’re in a bed and it’s nighttime... I will disembowel* you. Make sense?
    Ethan: Somewhat.
    Peter: Great. If you’re allergic to waffles, don’t eat waffles.
    Ethan: Then don’t take me to a Waffle House.


& Peter: This is horrible. It tastes like cat litter.
    Ethan: I think it tastes delicious.
    Darryl: You should. I was all out, so I used the coffee you brought.
    Peter: Oh, boy. That’s his dad, it’s his dad.
    Darryl: Fine. I’ll buy some other coffee. I apologize. What’s the big deal?
    Peter: His dad is the coffee. He passed away and his remains were in the fucking can.
    Darryl: Get him the fuck out. The beard, the dog, get him out!
    Peter: I get it.
    Darryl: Get him out!
    Peter: I know. It took eight minutes, right?


& Peter: I’m sorry we drank your father.
    Ethan: It’s okay.
    Peter: Are you all right? Are you sure?
    Ethan: Yeah, there’s plenty of him still in here. Darryl only made three cups of coffee... and I think there’s about eight cups of my dad left in here.
    Peter: Great.
    Ethan: At least he tasted good.
    Peter: Not bad. Yeah, strong... He was full-flavored... Robust blend...
    Ethan: He really enjoyed coffee. And in the end, he was enjoyed as coffee. Kind of circle of life.
    Peter: Lion King. All that.

& Peter: This is some stuff. This window is not working.
    Ethan: No, I locked them so we could get a good clambake* going on in here. That way, Sonny could get stoned.
    Peter: Am I stoned?
    Ethan: Do you feel stoned?


& Peter: Are we on the highway still?
    Ethan: Relax, Peter, I’ve got it covered.
    Peter: Are you certain?
    Ethan: You’re getting paranoid. That pot got to you.
    Peter: Okay. All right, you see the flag? It looks like a border crossing, it says “Mexico”...
    Ethan: Oh, Lord. Gosh. I thought that said Texaco. We’re low on gas.


& Border Guard: Why are your eyes so glassy? You been partying?
    Ethan: No, I have glaucoma.
    Border Guard: What about your friend, does he have glaucoma too?
    Ethan: Answer the man. Do you have glaucoma? No, he doesn’t have glaucoma.
    Border Guard: What about the dog, does he have glaucoma? Because his eyes are glassy as fuck.


& Ethan: Hold on, Sonny, it’s about to get rough.


& Ethan: How many laws did we just break?
    Peter: I don’t know, 60?


& Peter: God, you looked crazy!
    Ethan: Yeah. Well, I’m in stealth mode. That’s why I got the scarf on my head.
    Peter: You were like a commando. You were a Comanche warrior.


& Ethan: Dad, you were like a father to me.


& Ethan: Well, there’s something I’ve been wanting to get off my chest too.
    Peter: Shoot.
    Ethan: I’m not really 23 years old.


& Peter: I’m sorry.
    Ethan: Fine. But in the future, when we’re hanging out as buddies... if we get into a fight, don’t go for my face. That’s how I make a living. Okay?


& Peter: No, it didn’t happen, it didn’t happen! Why’?!


& Ethan: I’m in shock!
    Peter: It burns!


& Ethan: Don’t panic! Don’t panic! Don’t panic!


& Peter: Let’s do a little acting exercise like we did at the rest stop in the bathroom, okay? You’re a sergeant, I’m just a grunt in your platoon... but you promised me that you’d get me home to my high-school sweetheart.
    Ethan: Okay.
    Peter: Action!


& Ethan: Peter.
    Peter: Yeah?
    Ethan: I puked on the wound.
    Peter: I know. It’s okay, buddy. I need you to drive, but we gotta go. Come on.
    Ethan: Get in the back seat, private. What are you, a girl or something?


& Ethan: Your son’s about to be born. What will you name him?
    Peter: I’ll know it when I see him.
    Ethan: How about “Sonny”?
    Peter: No. Not naming my son after a masturbating dog.
    Ethan: Don’t listen to him, Sonny. He loves you.


& Ethan: I have an expectant father and a gunshot victim.


& Ethan: See? Together we think of everything.


& Peter: Darryl. What the fuck?


& Sarah Highman: Who are you?
    Ethan: My name is Ethan Tremblay. I’m your husband’s best friend.
    Sarah: It’s nice to meet you.
    Ethan: Nice to meet you too. Let’s get that baby out of your vagina.


& Peter: It’s gotta be a good sign.


& Ethan: We should do it again. Go across country again.
    Peter: Okay. Sure.
    Ethan: Call me tomorrow about it.
    Peter: If I don’t...
    Ethan: Call me tomorrow about it.



-- Dict:
clambake is when you sit in a car with your friends and roll the windows up and smoke weed so that the entire car fills up with smoke and you get even higher.
disembowel — потрошить


+ on Imdb


! So sweet pair, those Ethan (aka Zach Galifianakis) & Peter (aka Robert Downey Jr.).

! OST's just great.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий