15 февр. 2011 г.

Mad Men 3x10

The Color Blue

Season 3, Episode 10


& Suzanne: This eight-year-old, Charlie, looked up at me during art today and said: “How do I know if what I see as blue is the same as it is to you?”
    Don: And what did you say?
    Suzanne: The truth... I don’t know. I never have, but I love that he made me think about that again. What would you have said?
    Don: I would have told Charlie that my job is about boiling down communication to its essentials, and that I know that there is a blue that at least 45% of the population sees as the same.
    Suzanne: Maybe half those people think they’re looking at yellow.
    Don: Maybe. But the truth is people may see things differently, but they don’t really want to.


& Suzanne: Do you feel bad about what you do?
    Don: Nobody feels as good about what they do as you do.


& Kinsey: Why don’t you take her?
    Olive: Because I said no.
    Cosgrove: You’d rather not go than with me?
    Olive: What do you think Mr. Draper would say if you showed up at the Sterling Cooper 40th with his secretary?..


& Kinsey: ...... And then her date gives her a knowing smile of admiration on her confident smile. “Aqua Net. Arrive in style.”
    Don: Too much story. Every time I hear “and then” there’s another chance for the ladies at home to misunderstand.


& Don: What do you have for Western Union?


& Rebecca Pryce: It’s not London. It’s not even England.
    Pryce: Well, that’s true. I’ve been here 10 months and no one’s ever asked me where I went to school.


& Roger: I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have a chance to outdrink your clientele... Who am I kidding? I don’t want to go either. Have to watch Don Draper accept an award for his humanity?..
    Cooper: Don is important.
    Roger: You know, I found that guy working in a fur company... Night school... And that girl Betty. I remember Mona said they looked like they were on top of our wedding cake. Screw him.


& Kinsey: “WESTERN UNION What’s that, sonny?


& Penny: The phone is cheap. It’s everyday and you can’t trust it. The telegraph is... Honest, solid and clear. It’s old, but it’s good... Traditional.


& Hooker: Very rousing, Sir.
    Pryce: Churchill rousing or Hitler rousing?


& Pryce: You’re not attending the Sterling Cooper 40th anniversary. {...} It marks the passage of time. It’s painful, I imagine.
    Cooper: I didn’t get to where I am by dwelling on the past.
    Pryce: So think of the future, hmm? {...} Enjoy the fruit of your longevity.
    Cooper: You really pour the honey on, then you lick it off.


& Don: What’s wrong?
    Betty: I don’t feel well. Get into bed and grab a hot-water bottle. You have seven hours. It’s all the clients and all the partners, and they’re all expecting me to show up with the glamorous, elegant, stunning Betty Draper. I want to show you off, Betts.


& Peggy: Are you ready? Don’s expecting us.
    Kinsey: I’ve got nothing.
    Peggy: What a relief. Mine’s garbage too.
    Kinsey: No, I had something. Something incredible, but I lost it. I didn’t write it down.
    Peggy: I hate that.
    Kinsey: It might’ve been the best idea I ever had. I did everything: I talked to Achilles, I spent last night recreating every detail of the evening, hoping it would come back. You know how it is. There was nothing, then there was it and now it’s nothing again.
    Peggy: Er... How do you talk to Achilles?
    Kinsey: He is a janitor with a very bad memory. You know what the Chinese say? “The faintest ink is better than the best memory.”


& Peggy: I keep thinking about that Chinese thing you said. What was it?
    Kinsey: “The faintest ink is better than the best memory.”
    Peggy: Just makes me think... You call someone on the phone: “Hello, I’m getting married”, “Congratulations on the baby” and... then you hang up. It’s gone. It’s different if you send a telegram. Telegram is permanent. Something like: “A telegram is forever.”
    Don: You can’t frame a phone call.
    Kinsey: My God!
    Don: See? It all works out.


& Roger’s Mom: Where are we going?
    Roger: To Waldorf Astoria, mommy.
    Mom: Then we passed it, it’s on 5th Avenue.
    Roger: It moved years ago.
    Mom: That’s right, that’s right. Why did they ever do that?.. Enjoy the world as it is, Margaret. They’ll change it... and never give you a reason.
    Roger: Mommy, she is not Margaret, she is Jane. She is my wife.
    Mom: Does Mona know?
    Jane: Yes, she knows.


& Pryce: They are selling Sterling and Cooper.
    Rebecca: When?
    Pryce: I have no idea.
    Rebecca: What happenned to the Americans?
    Pryce: They’ll go to the highest bidder.



On Imdb

... brutally interrupted on the most interesting place.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий