21 февр. 2011 г.

Mad Men 3x11

The Gypsy and the Hobo

Season 3, Episode 11


& Cooper: She owns a horse farm that makes dog food.
    Annabelle Mathis: We had a 15% share of the market, but now Benton & Bowles has dropped us for Gravy Train. ... Well, people eat cow, but they call it beef. Chicken is poultry. Pig...
    Roger: We’ve got it, sweetheart.
    Annabelle: Well, there is no other word for horse-meat.
    Roger: I thought maybe you could invent one. What do you think, Don?
    Don: I think it’s a tall order*. Do you have to use ’horse-meat’?
    Annabelle: All dog food is horse-meat. People eat it all over the world. I’ve eaten it. It’s delicious. It’s like venison*. {...} Best idea gets my business. {...} I have two simple rules. I don’t want to change the recipe. It’s all meat. And two, my father named it Caldecott Farms.
    Don: Don’t change the name. Don’t change the product. Got it.


& Cooper: We had their business before, but her father was a son of a bitch. You know, people spend more money on dog food than baby food...


& Joan: Greg, that’s wonderful.
    Greg: It was a lot of things, Joan.
    Joan: No, answer like that. This is a talking profession. The way you just were with me right now, so open... He’s gonna love you. The most important thing about an interview is to express enthusiasm in a believable way. No self-deprecating humor. You’re smart. You’re funny. You’re great to be around, but you haven’t decided if they’re the right one.


& Joan: So how are things?
    Roger: Mr. Hooker has rearranged the secretaries in the pool alphabetically.
    Joan: By cup size?
    Roger: Well, I know where you’d be sitting.


& Annabelle: I already know how people feel. It’s your job to change that!
    Don: Any agency that does not change the name is stealing your money. The product is good... It’s high quality, dogs love it... But the name has been poisoned.
    Annabelle: That name got us where we are. Do you think that was just luck?
    Don: I’m not saying a new name is easy to find. And we will give you a lot of options, but it’s a label on a can. It will be true, because it will promise the quality of the product that’s inside.
    Annabelle: Well, I’m going to wait it out... And not for these morons, but for another agency to solve my problem.
    Roger: Jesus, Annabelle, let it go. The name is done. It’s unfair, but it’s over.


& Betty: You bought her a house.
    Don: Where do you want me to start?


& Betty: What would you do if you were me?.. Would you love you?


& Well, hello there. Look at this. We’ve got a gypsy and a hobo. And who are you supposed to be?



-- Dict:
tall order — трудная задача
venison — оленина


On Imdb


__ Паливо!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий