19 февр. 2011 г.

Gulliver's Travels

& Lemuel Gulliver: Dan Quinn, born in 1990. Didn’t think that was possible.
    Dan: Yes, 1990. People are born every year.


& Gulliver: There’s no small jobs — just small people.


& Dan: You chickened out, didn’t you?
    Gulliver: Listen... I just... you know... I didn’t chicken out.
    Dan: You’re being respectful of her workspace.
    Gulliver: Exactly.


& Gulliver: Dude, speaking of which, after work, do you want to go for a couple of brews... shoot some pools, maybe a little man date, huh?
    Dan: I don’t think so. Especially if it’s called a ’man date’, sir...


& Hank: All the chickens get off the road, man!


& Gulliver: I don’t know about this, Hank. I mean, are you sure this is safe?
    Hank: All this Bermuda Triangle talk... is just to sell T-shirts to tourists. Also it’s a good story to pick up some girls.


& Gulliver: “Ship Happens.” They really went ’Pun*-tastic’ on that boat...
    Hank: Well, the Dock Master’s really into pun, man. He believes it keeps the pirates away.


& Gulliver: Safety! Okay. Rubber ducky. No!


& Princess Mary (aka Emily Blunt): Oh, dear... are these strings really necessary?
    General Edward: They are... my innocent, naive, little ’Bunny tail’ to prevent the giant Beast from running rampant and killing us all!


& Gulliver: Enough with the ’Beast’ thing! I may be a giant but I have feelings!!!


& Princess Mary: Father! He’s burning!
    Horatio: Do something!
    Gulliver: I do not want to do this.
    Horatio: You have a plan?!
    Gulliver: I have a plan but you’re not going to like it.


& Princess Mary: What are you doing in my chambers?
    General Edward: I have come to court you. As I always do at this time of the day. Or have you already forgotten who is your one true, eternal love?
    Princess Mary: No, of course, I remember.
    General Edward: Remember what?
    Princess Mary: That... that you are my one, true eternal love.


& General Edward: Noble and valiant King Theodore. I trusteth not this Beast Gulliver who liveth in our midst. He can now leaveth, but he chooses to stay. And furthermore, I do not believeth who he saith he isth.
    King Theodore: I mosteth humbly disagreeth. And whyeth must we always go on with these ’Fs’?
    General Edward: Because we speak officiallyeth?


& King Theodore: Our new General, Gulliver!
    Gulliver: I won’t let you down, King. And I look forward to working with you, Vice-General Edward.
    General Edward: Vice General? Vice. I’ve never been a “Vice” of anything. I can’t be expected to take orders from that gigantic fool! I rather take orders from a woman... You are relieved.
    Soldier: Thank you, Vice-General Edward.


& Blefuscian Captain: Fire!
    General Edward: Oh no! That looks painful!
    Gulliver: I am invincible!


& Gulliver: Okay, can you guys send over a division to my left shoulder, please? North 2 clicks. One click. Oh, yeah! That’s the spot!


& Princess Mary: What are you doing in my chambers?
    General Edward: I have come to court you as I always do at this time of the day.
    Princess Mary: This is not the time of day for courting. You cannot just barge in.
    General Edward: I can court you when I wish to court you.
    Princess Mary: I’m not in the mood to be courted. I have a headache.
    General Edward: It’s your womanly duty. Section 4.2 of the Official Courting Doctrine.


& Princess Mary: I’m a lady.
    Horatio: I know you are. And I love ladies.


& Horatio: Five bells!
    Gulliver: What does five bells mean?
    Horatio: There’ve never been 5 bells!
    Gulliver: Don’t worry about it. ’Coz this guy throws down no matter how many bells they’re ringin’.



--Dict:
Pun — Каламбур


+ on Imdb.

__ 4.9/10 щетаю завышенными. Для ненапряжного семейного просмотра — покатит.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий