26 февр. 2011 г.

Mad Men 3x13

Shut the Door. Have a Seat

Season 3, Episode 13


& Don: So we’re all gone. {...}
    Hilton: ... This happens all the time, Don. It’s business. I’d ask them to put you on the Caribbean hotels, but I don’t think I’m gonna stay there much longer.
    Don: You come and go as you please.
    Hilton: Yes, I do.
    Don: And you don’t give a crap that my future is tied up in this mess because of you?
    Hilton: You wanted my account, and you were lucky to get it.
    Don: And you wanted to play with me. Kick me around, knock me down to size while you called me “son.” I get it now, Connie. It’s business.
    Hilton: You know, I got everything I have on my own. It’s made me immune to those who complain and cry because they can’t. I didn’t take you for one of them, Don. Are you? ... Some other time we’ll try again.
    Don: Yes.


& Cooper: Why do you care?
    Don: Because I’m sick of being batted around like a ping-pong ball. Who the hell is in charge? A bunch of accountants trying to make $1 into $1.10? I want to work. I want to build something of my own. How do you not understand that? You did it yourself 40 years ago.
    Cooper: That’s true. But I’m not sure you have a stomach for the realities.
    Don: Try me.


& Don: We have to talk to Roger now.
    Cooper: You talk to him.


& Don: I was wrong. I learned that with Hilton. I can sell ideas, but I’m not an account man.
    Roger: You’re not good at relationships, because you don’t value them.
    Don: I value my relationship with you.
    Roger: You do now.
    Don: I do.


& Don: I’m not gonna beg you.
    Peggy: Beg me?! You didn’t even ask me.
    Don: Fine, I’m asking you.
    Peggy: ... I’ve had other offers, you know, that came with a sales pitch about opportunity. Everyone thinks you do all my work. Even you. I don’t want to make a career out of being there so you can kick me when you fail.


& Pete: So Kenny turned you down?
    Cooper: We haven’t spoken to Ken yet. And yes, we want your accounts, but we also want your talent.
    Pete: Really? And what are my talents?
    Cooper: You’ll do what it takes.
    Pete: No. I want to hear it from him.
    Don: ... It’s not hard for me to say, Pete. You saw this coming. We didn’t. In fact, you’ve been ahead on a lot of things. Aeronautics, teenagers, the negro market... We need you to keep us looking forward. I do, anyway.


& Pete: I want to be a partner, and I want my name in the lobby.


& Pete: What if I come up short?
    Don: That’s not an option.


& Peggy: You look awful.


& Peggy: Do you want anything?
    Don: Yes, I do. You were right. I’ve taken you for granted and I’ve been hard on you, but only because I think I see you as an extension of myself. And you’re not.


& Don: Do you know why I don’t want to go to McCann?
    Peggy: Because you can’t work for anyone else?
    Don: No. Because there are people out there who buy things, people like you and me, and something happened. Something terrible. And the way that they saw themselves is gone. And nobody understands that. But you do. And that’s very valuable.


& Peggy: What if I say no? You’ll never speak to me again?
    Don: No. I will spend the rest of my life trying to hire you.


& Roger: Joanie, I can’t read your writing.
    Joan: It’s perfectly clear... “Correspondence.”
    Roger: Oh, I’m tired. Peggy, can you get me some coffee?
    Peggy: No.


& Joan: So let’s see. I have Peggy and Pete sharing the desk. Don, we’ll replace one of these couches with a table for you, and we’re adding two additional phone lines. Media will be in the bedroom with the television. Accounts gets the bed. And no one is to come to this office. If you have meetings, please take them elsewhere. I don’t want them in the lobby or the bar of this hotel. ... Well, look at that. Good morning. Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. How may I help you?


& Roger: You know, if you leave your shoes outside the door here, somebody polishes them.


& Roger: Hello, Don. How was your morning?
    Don: Very productive.

Mad Men: Season Three


On Imdb


Mad Men @ it’s best. And all the team is all together again.

And this was the

End of Season 3

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий