28 февр. 2011 г.

The Big Bang Theory 4x17

The Toast Derivation

Season 4, Episode 17


& Sheldon: Where are you going?
    Leonard: I’m having dinner with Priya at Raj’s. I think Howard’s going to be there. You want to join us?
    Sheldon: But tonight’s Thursday. On Thursdays, everybody comes over here and has pizza. Or a reasonable facsimile prepared by someone claiming to be Luigi, but who sounds suspiciously like Jackie Chan.


& Leonard: Can’t we make a one-time exception for tonight?
    Sheldon: We could. We could also stop using the letter “M,” but I think that idea is isguided and oronic.


& Leonard: Just come with me to Raj’s.
    Sheldon: Well, I don’t want to go to a party.
    Leonard: It’s not a party. It’s the same group of people who hang out here hanging out over there.
    Sheldon: I’m sorry, but five people eating and chatting is a party.
    Leonard: How come it’s not a party when we do it here?
    Sheldon: Because we don’t throw parties.


& Sheldon: Oh, dear!
    Leonard: What?
    Sheldon: Raj’s television. I just realized we’re about to spend an evening watching a plasma screen with a cluster of dead pixels in the upper left-hand corner.
    Leonard: So don’t watch TV. Read a book.
    Sheldon: And be a social pariah? Oh, you know that’s not my style.
    Leonard: Ugh!
    Sheldon: The audible sigh is a show of exasperation, right?
    Leonard: Right.
    Sheldon: Is it about me or the dead pixels?


& Sheldon: Oh, look. it’s Harry Potter and 98% of The Sorcerer’s Stone.


& R: Okay, we’ve got fajitas with all the fixins, so you make your own.
    Sheldon: Wonderful. Dinner, some assembly required.


& Priya: Do you want a margarita, Sheldon?
    Sheldon: A Margarita?! Where are we?! What is happening?!


& Penny: Oh. Hey, Sheldon. What can I get you?
    Sheldon: Water. Neat*. With a little umbrella.


& Penny: Where are all your friends?
    Sheldon: Sadly, Penny, this evening, I am the Dark Knight, roaming these mean streets alone. A windbreaker for my cape, and a stern expression for my cowl*.


& Amy: Hi, bestie.
    Penny: Oh. Hi, Amy. How you been?
    Amy: Fine. From this angle, I can see up your nose.


& Amy: Penny, I’m sorry you got dragged into this. I know you’re devastated that your ex-boyfriend has found an exciting new lover with flawless, caramel-colored skin.


& Amy: Sheldon, look at me. I think it’s time to face the fact that Leonard is the nucleus of your social group. Where he goes, the group goes.
    Sheldon: Leonard the nucleus?! That makes no sense. I’m the whimsical* elf that everyone looks to for a good time.
    Amy: I’m not saying that you’re not fun. You’re the most fun person I know.


& Amy: What I am saying, Sheldon, is that your group is Leonard-centric. If it were a town, it would be Leonardville. If it were an Islamic nation, Leonardstan. If it were the birthplace of motion pictures, we’d all be singing “Hooray for Leonardwood.”
    Penny: Ooh, I got one. If you guys were a band, you’d be called Leonard and the Leonerds.
    Amy: So needy*.


& Sheldon: Leonard.
    Leonard: Yeah?
    Sheldon: We had a good run, you and I...
    Leonard: Okay.
    Sheldon: But change is a part of life.
    Leonard: It certainly is.
    Sheldon: Okay. I have guests coming. I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave now.
    Leonard: I am leaving.
    Sheldon: Don’t make this harder than it is, Leonard.
    Leonard: Good-bye, Sheldon.
    Sheldon: And good-bye to you, sir. He’ll be back.
    Leonard: Of course I’ll be back. I live here!


& Sheldon: Stuart?
    Stuart: Um... Hi. I’m Stuart. I run a comic bookstore, which for financial reasons, I’m currently living in. And I guess what I’m hoping for most out of tonight is a hot shower.
    Sheldon: It’s very nice, Stuart. Zack?
    Zack: I’m Zack, and I’m, uh... Uh... Could you come back to me? {...} Okay, I’m ready. I’m Zach, and I’m, uh... Oh, crap, why is this so hard?


& Bernadette: We just thought you might want to go out and have a good time, maybe go dancing.
    Penny: Oh. Gee, thanks, but I’m not really in the mood.
    Amy: You do understand that it will distract you from obsessing over the rich variety of sweet loving that your ex-boyfriend is currently receiving from the fiery jewel of Mumbai.


& Zack: Anyway, after we get done snowboarding, I go back to the lodge and get in the Jacuzzi. There’s no one around, so naturally, I’m free-balling it. Next thing I know, this beautiful chick shows up, drunk out of her skull, wants to get in with me.
    Sheldon: Question. Was it a Jacuzzi or a hot tub?
    Barry Kripke: Really? That’s your question?
    Zack: What’s the difference?
    Sheldon: “Jacuzzi” is a commercial brand. “Hot tub” is the generic term.
    Zack: I.E., all Jacuzzis are hot tubs, but not all hot tubs are Jacuzzis. Is that like all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs?
    Sheldon: Surprisingly, yes.
    Zack: Nice... Now, what exactly are toes?
    Stuart: Can you please get back to the drunk girl? I’d like something to think about in the shower.
    Zack: Oh, yeah. Right. Anyway, she takes off all of her clothes, climbs into the hot tub, and the first thing I notice...
    Sheldon: The water level rose!


& Sheldon: Forgive me, but I think you’ll find my story is more interesting!
    Kripke: Does yours have wet breasts in it?
    Sheldon: Better. It has a gold crown.


& Zack: So, long story short, I nailed her.
    Sheldon: When he finished, he shouted “Eureka!”
    Zack: No, I always shout, “Holy moly!” Don’t know why. Just do.


& Priya: Sheldon is a bit quirky*, isn’t he?
    Howard: Oh, please. That crazy bastard’s looking at quirky in the rearview mirror.


& Penny: So, where do you guys want to go dancing?
    Bernadette: We were hoping you’d know a place.
    Amy: Yes, perhaps somewhere packed tightly with young, beautiful bodies sweating and writhing against each other in a glorious orgy of the flesh.


& Penny: What do you think?
    Amy: That should display enough of your bosom to attract a new mate, or a hungry infant.


& Penny: You know, for the first time in my life, I am not in a relationship, and I’m totally okay with it.
    Amy: You know, if being on your own is new to you, I’d be happy to share some tension-relieving techniques for ladies I’ve perfected over the years. For example, do you have an electric toothbrush?
    Penny: Um, no.
    Amy: You should get one.


& Penny: Oh, screw it. I can deal with a little self-loathing. Let’s go find me a heinie to bite.
    Amy: Outstanding. And if we fail, we can always stop at CVS and pick you out a nice toothbrush. I call mine “Gerard.”
    Bernadette: That’s kind of creepy.


& Sheldon: All my friends. All my friends. All my friends.
    Howard: I think it’s like Beetlejuice. We said his name too many times.


& Raj: I’d like to propose a toast to friends, no matter how quirky.
    Sheldon: Priya, do you know why this is called a toast?


Chuck Lorre Vanity Card # 333


--- Dict:
Neat — неразбавленный
cowl — капюшон; ряса
whimsical — причудливый; эксцентричный; капризный
needy = Requiring attention beyond what is normative.
quirky — причудливый


On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий