27 мар. 2018 г.

Nothing Lasts Forever

The X-Files 11×9


"I Want To Be Beautiful"

Juliet: Those who love me, I will deliver.

Scully: Both of the victims have metal dowels impaled through their sternums.
Mulder: Staked through the heart, you mean. I would have expected the weapon to be made of wood. A combination of the three types used in Christ's crucifixion cross... cypress, cedar and pine. That would imbue it with the holy properties necessary to defeat evil.

Scully: I'll run a check on hospitals doing liver transplants over the next seven to 20 hours...
Mulder: I'll go on some onion sites and see if any organs were put up for auction...

Scully: Are those new? Bifocals?
Mulder: They're not bifocals, Scully, they're progressives. They're called progressive lenses.
Scully: No need to get defensive... Presbyopia's a natural part of the aging process. We're all gonna go through it, Mulder. Just wait till you get gout.

Mulder: You know, sometimes I wonder why we keep doing it, Scully, in the face of all this indifference and presbyopia...

Barbara: What do you see when you look at me?
– Beauty and light.
Barbara: And what do I see when I look at you?
– Ugliness and pain.

Juliet: No, Father. Prayers aren't enough. "I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh, and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy."

Scully: Did I ever tell you how I came to believe in God?...


Mulder: I think all I have... all any of us have are the results of all the choices that we've made. And at the end of the day, we just hope that we made the right one.

Barbara: Tell me your dream.
Kayla: I want to be beautiful like you.
Barbara: All right, my ugly duckling, prepare to be a swan...

Barbara: Look at me. What do you see?
Dr. Luvenis: You look as beautiful as ever.

Barbara: Olivia! It's your day to be beautiful.

Mulder: The Barbara Beaumont Show, 1967. Then, um... nothing much ever again.
Scully: So, at 85, does she need assistance?

Mulder: Age isn't a disease, it's a natural progression.

Mulder: Ooh. You stink.
Scully: Thanks, Mulder.

Scully: Prayers aren't meant to be sentiment. It's a conversation. You can do it like a meditation, or if your needs exceed your grasp, you can ask God to act on your behalf. But you don't believe in God. So you'd essentially be talking to yourself.
Mulder: Well, I-I may not believe in God, but I believe in you. Therefore, I speak to him through you. Through the transitive property of equality. If "A" equals "B," and "B" equals "C," therefore, "A" equals "C." Reason and faith in harmony. Isn't that why we're so good together?
Scully: Are we together?

Mulder: I don't know if any God is listening, but I am standing right here, and I am listening. Right beside you. I'm all ears. That's my choice.

Mulder: I've always wondered how this was gonna end...

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий