30 мар. 2018 г.

Equity

Student: I'm wondering, for each of you, what's that thing that really makes you... want to get up in the morning?
Naomi: Well, for me, I guess, the simplest answer is... I like money. I do. I like numbers. I like negotiating. I love a challenge. Turning a no into a yes. But I really do like money. I like knowing that I have it. ...

Naomi: .... But I am not going to sit here and tell you that I only do what I do... to take care of other people, because it is okay to do it for ourselves. For how it makes us feel. Secure? Yeah. Powerful? Absolutely. I am so glad that it's finally acceptable... for women to talk about ambition openly. But don't let money be a dirty word. We can like that too.

Naomi: You don't... You don't lose sleep over this kind of stuff, do you?
Michael: Oh, yeah, yeah, we do. We just don't... We just don't turn in on ourselves. No, it's much more fun... to get really pissed at someone else.

Naomi: Edward Snowden. The Sony hack. Nude photos of actresses. Your revenue jumps. Your competitors start rolling out. But we were ahead of the curve... because we understood that it gets harder every day... to trust people in this world. And security is the hottest commodity.

Michael: You know what's weird about the whole privacy thing?
Naomi: What?
Michael: Half the world is paranoid and the other half's password is "password."

Michael: What's your lamest password?
Naomi: I'm so not telling you my passwords.
Michael: Oh, come on, old school. Like '96.
Naomi: '96? I... "Bankerchick."


Naomi: John, I just don't want to make the wrong move here.
John: Well, that sounds like fear. And that's not the same thing as instinct.

John: You know why this business is a young person's game? It's the lack of doubt.

John: I'm not gonna tell you what to do, Naomi. But if the numbers check out, then it sounds like... what we're talking about is a rumor here. And rumors, they're the wild card. You can't control them. And once you let them inside your head... well, you're fucking lost.

Naomi: Sophie and... And William, right?
William: I don't talk to strangers.
Naomi: Oh. Right. Yeah. Well, it's really your friends that'll stab you in the back, so...

Naomi: It doesn't matter if it's fucking true! You know that. Once the rumors start...
Michael: Hey, hey. Start your own rumors. Do you know how to play this game?

Michael: Hey, listen, whatever happens tomorrow... you're gonna be fine.
Naomi: Fuck, I don't want to be fine! I was never supposed to be fine! I was supposed to be a motherfucking rainmaker.

Randall: You've been on a trading floor, right? No? Honey, you got to go there. You got to see what we're up against. You go, you breathe it in. The hunger of it, the pure American desire.

Samantha: The truth is... I want to make some money. I could say something more nuanced... about my dreams and aspirations, but... that's the honest truth. I am so glad... that we can sit here as women and talk about ambition. But money doesn't have to be a dirty word... We can like that too.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий