5 июн. 2016 г.

The Invisible Hand

Elementary 4×23


& Watson: Moriarty wasn’t the Vice President of Inhuman Resources. She didn’t fill a job at a corporation that trades on the NASDAQ.
    Holmes: Her enterprise wasn’t even a proper cartel...

& Holmes: I lost sight of an elemental truth, Watson. Nature abhors a vacuum.

& Watson: So there’s no one you trust?
    Holmes: I trust you. Everyone else, we’ll be doing them a favor.

& Mr. Holmes: ...this organization you described, I’ve never considered the possibility of such a thing.
    Holmes: Well, lack of imagination is an occupational hazard for an apex predator. A great white shark doesn’t live in fear of shadows in the deep, does it?


& Watson: You look pleased with yourself.
    Holmes: I was just beating up Bob. Nothing better for elevating one’s heart rate and mood.

& Holmes: Professor Vikner, good morning.
    Prof. Vikner: Sherlock Holmes. Dr. Watson. What took you so long?

& Prof. Vikner: Are you familiar with The Invisible Hand?
    Holmes: It’s a metaphor used by Adam Smith to describe social benefits arising from individual actions. Are you suggesting that you’re an invisible hand? Because if you can explain to me how blowing up buildings and turning psychopaths into assassins is benefitting society, I might register for one of your classes.

& Holmes: Bomb’s primary ingredients were acetone and peroxide. Two liquids.
    Watson: Acetone and peroxide— those are just fancy names for nail polish remover and hair dye. You can pick that up at any supermarket.

& Det. Bell: Well, how do you camouflage 20 gallons of explosive liquid?
    Holmes: I can think of a way...

& Prof. Vikner: If you really are committed to helping your father, I may have to sue for peace. I can’t fight both Holmes men. I mean, I could, but I would win the battle and lose the war.

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий