8 июн. 2016 г.

Meinertzhagen's Haversack

Silicon Valley 3×3


& Richard: So, you’re just gonna quit? Just like that? How... How can you do that?
    Gilfoyle: By saying the words «I» and «quit» in conjunction together... i.e., I quit.

& Erlich: I spoke with Richard about the box project, and... Well, here are some of my thoughts in no particular order... Why a box?
    Barker: What information do I not already have?
    Erlich: I’m sorry?
    Barker: I said, «What information do I not already have?» I already have a five-year run rate plus a full market forecast for my appliance. I have the same for Richard’s platform. I’ve heard all of his engineering team’s complaints. So, before you waste time with some freeform jazz odyssey of masturbatory bullshit, just tell me what concrete information you have for me that I do not already possess!!!


& Richard: Erlich, you have something to say?
    Erlich: Richard... when George Washington founded a little startup we’ve come to know as these United States of America, and he was tired of getting shit from his CEO, the King of England, did he just roll over and take it from behind? No. He called on his ride-or-die homeboys, Tommy Jefferson, Benny Franklin, and Alex Hamilton... who was half-black, so that’s Dinesh.
    Dinesh: I’m not half-black.
    Erlich: He said, «Avast, ye fellow badasses, let’s build this country the way we motherfucking want to.» And so, Richard, if we want to build the platform, all we need to do is... build the platform.

& Jared: Wait. We can’t enjoy going to work. Meinertzhagen’s haversack.
    Richard: .... What?
    Jared: Meinertzhagen’s haversack... No one? Really? No one’s heard of Meinertzhagen’s haversack?
    Erlich: Of course I have, Jared. Just explain it to them.
    Jared: Well, it’s a principle of military deception. Essentially, it means you have to continue to act the part. So, as far as anyone knows, we’re still building a box that we hate.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий