19 июн. 2016 г.

The Danish Girl

& Lili: What is it? Am I pretty enough?
    Gerda: Of course you are.
    Lili: I’ll never be as pretty as you.

& Lili: You won’t leave me, will you?
    Gerda: No, never.

& Dr. Hexler: Tell me about Lili. Where does she come from?
    Einar: Inside me.
    Dr. Hexler: You know, the most likely explanation for all of this is a chemical imbalance. ... That would explain the pain, the confused state of masculinity and the infertility. Let’s hope it is that, because that, at least, we can cure.

& Dr. Hexler: Radiation is a miracle, Mr. Wegener. It destroys the bad and saves the good.

& Lili: I think that marriage is the single thing we should all hope for in life... It creates someone else.

& Einar: It doesn’t matter what I wear. ’Cause when I dream, they’re Lili’s dreams.


& Einar: Was the operation successful?
    Warnekros: On the morning of the first operation, he ran away. He was too frightened.
    Einar: I wouldn’t do that. I...
    Warnekros: Perhaps he was the smart one. The surgery has never been attempted before. Never.

& Einar: I won’t be seeing you again.
    Hans: I’ve only really liked a handful of people in my life, and you’ve been two of them.

& Henrik: So, what you’re suggesting is that, uh, a doctor intervened.
    Lili: To correct a mistake in nature.
    Henrik: He made you a woman.
    Lili: No, God made me a woman. But the doctor... He... The doctor is curing me of the sickness that was my disguise.

& Gerda: How are you, Lili?
    Lili: I am entirely myself.

& Lili: How have I ever deserved such love?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий