14 сент. 2015 г.

X+Y

& Nathan: I find any communication of a non-mathematical nature very difficult.

& Doctor: Would you like to play with it?
    Nathan: No.
    Doctor: Are you scared it will eat you?
    Nathan: No.
    Doctor: Is it because it’s a toy?
    Nathan: No. Because stegosauruses aren’t carnivores.

& Julie: Gosh. That looks complicated. That’s not schoolwork then?

& Julie: Wait, why don’t you try and explain it to me? I might be able to help you... Hmm?
    Nathan: You can’t.
    Julie: Why not?
    Nathan: You’re not clever enough.

& Nathan: What’s that for?
    Martin: It’s to give it a shake. It’s my hand, isn’t it? It’s what men do when they agree.
    Nathan: I don’t like doing that.
    Martin: Yeah, well, we all have to do things we don’t like doing, but we fucking do them, don’t we? So give it here.
    Nathan: ... What does «fucking» mean?
    Martin: All in good time, son.

& Julie: I’m sorry, it’s just, uh... My son, he’s quite picky and he needs the meal number to be a prime number and there to be a prime number of prawn balls. And, um, if he had nine balls it wouldn’t be a prime number and number 48 isn’t... Isn’t... Isn’t a prime... Is it? Is it? I don’t know. Yes, I do. Um, yes, no, I’m right. 47. Is that okay?
    — Yeah...


& Martin: Look, Nathan, it’s your first night away and... And first nights away are always really, really shit. I mean, it’s only a fortnight, innit? That’s 14 days. And what’s 14?
    Nathan: A positive integer.
    Martin: Positive integer. So think positively. Which is the square root of?
    Nathan: 196.
    Martin: Whose prime factorisation is?
    Nathan: Two squared by seven squared.
    Martin: See?

& Isaac: Civilizations have used 10, not l2, digits to count for millennia.
    Luke: Yes, for purely primitive reasons, and the fact that we have 10 digits on our hands. My argument is that if we use base 12 it is an infinitely superior system, and more logical. It takes 12 months for the Earth to orbit the sun, there are 12 hours a night and 12 hours a day, and each of those hours there are 12 five-minute increments.
    Isaac: And what do you think, Nathan? You a member of the dozenalist society?

& Richard: When I speak to people of a non-mathematical nature, they always struggle with the notion that mathematics can be beautiful. But if beauty is truth and truth is beauty, well, then surely mathematics is the most beautiful thing of all.

& Martin: Panama hats, Richard? Really?
    Richard: Yes, it was a consensus decision. I discussed it with myself and I decided it would be a good idea.

& Martin: Been Nathan’s teacher for seven years, I wanna see this through. He’s a very sensitive kid.
    Richard: Yeah, yeah, I suppose children are like animals. You get attached to them after a while.

& Julie: Best of luck, darling.
    Nathan: There’s no such thing as luck.
    Julie: No.

& Julie: It matters because... Well, when... When somebody loves you, it means that they see something in you... That they think is worth something. So it sort of... It adds value to you. But it can be hard... You know,
when you love someone and they... They show no sign that they love you back, then ifs... Then it’s unequal. Or, um... When... When someone you love... is subtracted from you... Then it feels like, you know, that your value is less than it was. Does that make sense?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий