16 сент. 2015 г.

False Prophets

Hell on Wheels 5×7


& Durant: May I suggest we start from the beginning?
    Grant: No. Let’s start at right now.

& Grant: I want an answer, Mr. Durant. Not an equivocation, not a redirect... A simple answer to a simple question. Will the Union Pacific build north or south of the Great Salt Lake?

& Durant: I hope all this talk of business and politics doesn’t prove too much of a bore for you.
    Bohannon: No. You always keep things interesting.

& Eva: You’re too stupid to be scared.

& Bohannon: I ain’t lying to the President of the United States.

& Huntington: You fancy yourself a railroad man... Minute you accepted a stake in the Central Pacific, you became a tycoon. And a tycoon always chooses the win... No matter how he comes by it.
    Bohannon: Pretty goddamn sure of yourself, ain’t you?
    Huntington: I am. It’s a well that replenishes. Time for you to drink from that same water. Deliver this for me.


& Durant: Your favorite brand, as I recall...
    Bohannon: Ain’t you got schemes to spin?

& Brother Young: I know exactly where they are. And you know exactly what I need from you.
    Bohannon: Them gold plates teach you to lie like that, or was you just born a son-of-a-bitch?

& Bohannon: You sound like a politician. I never pictured you as one.
    Grant: Never pictured it myself. The last morning I have a clear memory of is in Appomattox Court House. Yesterday I was watching Robert E. Lee surrender. Today I’m sitting behind a desk in the White House. You know, sometimes you can’t avoid the thing you want most, even if getting it is detestable. As much as I pretend I hate it, the detestable thing I want is power, and power means politics. What’s yours?

& Grant: I know two songs, Mr. Bohannon. One’s Yankee Doodle, and the other one isn’t... Keep things simple, that’s my advice.

& Eva: Clean up this mess now, girl.

& Eva: We’re gonna need a new red head.

& Bohannon: We propose no terminus at all. ...
    Brother Young: Godless bastard!
    Durant: I second Mr. Young’s objections!
    Huntington: Mr. Bohannon, the purpose of this meeting was to set a final terminus!

& Bohannon: This contest hadn’t ought to end in a room. Ogden should go to the man who gets there first. You said it yourself... Nothing’s ever off the table.

& Grant: You want a race?
    Bohannon: Ha. Yeah... Yeah, I want a race.
    Grant: Then, Mr. Bohannon, you shall have a race.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий