6 сент. 2015 г.

House of Cards 3×13

Chapter 39


& Underwood: If I have to make a concession speech, the absence of the First Lady will be the least of our problems.

& Thomas: You see? I ask a question, and neither of you answer them. It’s tiresome, constantly swinging a sledgehammer at the façade, just to get a glimpse through the cracks.

& Thomas: I don’t know. Maybe it’s all for the best. I’d rather imagine who you might be than who you actually are... Good luck, Claire.

& Rachel: She doesn’t want much. She just wants to be invisible.


& Dunbar: First off, I’d like to congratulate President Underwood for his victory here tonight. It was a tight race and he came out on top.
    — Boo!
    Dunbar: No. No, no, no, no! Let’s not be sore losers here. Because the truth is... we haven’t lost. We are just getting started!

& Underwood: All right. What do you want? What is the goddamn alternative? Please, Claire, tell me, because I don’t understand. All I am hearing is, it’s not enough. That the White House is not enough. That being First Lady is not enough. Not enough!
    Claire: No. It’s you that’s not enough.

& Underwood: When we lose... because of you... there will be nothing. No plan. No future. We will only be has-beens. And you want to amount to something? Well, here is the brutal fucking truth. And you can hate me, you can be disgusted, you can feel whatever it is you wanna feel because frankly, I’m beyond caring. But without me, you are nothing.
Ω Uh-oh. You are wrong, Frank. So wrong.

& Underwood: You want me to take charge? Fine. I will take charge. You will get on that plane tomorrow. You will come to New Hampshire. You will smile and shake hands and kiss babies. And you will stand with me on a stage. And you will be the First Lady! And you do all that. I don’t give a damn if you vomit on your own time.

& Claire: Francis... I’m not going to New Hampshire.
    Underwood: Yes, you are. I’ll see you in the car.
    Claire: I’m leaving you.
    Underwood: Claire...

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий