20 сент. 2015 г.

Far from the Madding Crowd

& Gabriel: Well, Miss Everdene, I wanted to ask... Would you like to marry me? I’ve never asked anyone before.
    Bathsheba Everdene: No. I should hope not.

& Boldwood: Miss Everdene. I want very much, more than anything, to have you as my wife. Miss Everdene, marry me.

& Boldwood: I will care for you more than anyone your own age. I will protect you. You shall have dresses, a gig. Bathsheba: Uh, a piano. I amuse you?
    Bathsheba: No. It’s only... I have a piano. And I have my own farm. And I have no need for a husband, no matter how honored Bathsheba: I am by the offer.


& Boldwood: You like me?
    Bathsheba: Yes.
    Boldwood: And respect me?
    Bathsheba: Yes. Very much.
    Boldwood: Which is it? Like or respect?
    Bathsheba: It is difficult for a woman to define her feelings in a language chiefly made by men to express theirs.

& Bathsheba: Tell me what to do... Gabriel?
    Gabriel: Do what is right.

& Bathsheba: Ask me. Ask me, Gabriel.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий