6 мар. 2013 г.

The Master

& Freddie: What do you do?
    The Master: I do many, many things. I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist, a theoretical philosopher... but above all I am a man. A hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

& The Master: What a day... We fought against the day and we won. We won.

& The Master: Man is not an animal. We are not a pan’ of the animal kingdom. We sit far above that crowd. Perched as spirits, not beasts. You are not ruled by your emotions. It is not only possible, it is easily achievable that we do away with all negative emotional impulses, and bring man back to his inherent state of perfect.

& Peggy: You can do whatever you want... as long as I don’t find out. And as long as no one that I know knows about it. Other than that, stop with this idea.

& The Master: Book II... is about man. And the title of the book is The Split Saber. And here we have some answers. No more secrets. The source of all creation... good and evil... and the source of all... now, funny enough, the source of all... is you. I have unlocked... and discovered a secret to living in these bodies that we hold. And, oh yes, it’s very, very, VERY, VERY SERIOUS. The secret... is laughter.


& Helen: As I’ve begun, I did notice on page 13 there’s a change. You’ve changed the processing-platform question. Now it says, “Can you imagine...?
    The Master: Yes. Yes.
    Helen: If our previous method was to induce memory by asking, “Can you recall,” doesn’t it then change everything if now we say, “Can you imagine?
    The Master: We are invoking a new, wider range to account for the new data. “Can you imagine,” allows for a more creative pathway to the mind. More open.
    Helen: But if the new...
    The Master: What do you want?! ... Helen. This is the new work.

& The Master: If you leave here, I don’t ever want to see you again. Or you can stay.
    Freddie: Maybe in the next life?

& Freddie: Do you think you could just look into my eyes and not blink, and I’m gonna ask you some questions that’ll help you?
    Winn: Maybe.
    Freddie: All right. Starting now. You can’t blink. You just look in my eyes. You’re already blinking. Starting now, all right? What’s your name?

& Freddie: Now say your full name.
    Winn: Winn Manchester.
    Freddie: Say it again.
    Winn: Winn Manchester.
    Freddie: Say it again.
    Winn: Winn Manchester.
    Freddie: Now, say it again.
    Winn: Winn Manchester.
    Freddie: Have you ever lived before?
    Winn: I don’t know.
    Freddie: Maybe this isn’t your only life.
    Winn: I hope it isn’t.
    Freddie: You’re the bravest girl I’ve ever known.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Have not touched. Tough Freddie Quell's truly Oscar-winner.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий