19 мар. 2013 г.

Déjà Vu All Over Again

Elementary 1×18

& Watson: I just have one question. Uh, what kind of name is Sherlock?

& Watson: How weird is this? You’re Sherlock’s sponsor and I’m his sober... well, I was his sober companion... until recently. And now you’re teaching me how to break into cars.

& Watson: Hey, does your father know that I’m still here and that we’re working together now?
    Holmes: Why would he care?
    Watson: I don’t know, I was just curious.
    Holmes: You’re an aspiring detective now, Watson. Apply your curiosity to your cases.

& Holmes: Impressive.
    Watson: I know; I could look at this all day...
    Holmes: No, I was talking about the glass. It’s... bullet-proof. Six-inch glass-clad polycarbonate, hmm.

& Attorney: Mr. Holmes. Philip Armistead.
    Holmes: Do you know that “shyster*” is German for “one who defecates”?


& Holmes: That woman could not be more wrong about her sister’s video. It was most certainly not made under duress.
    Watson: Tell me.
    Holmes: The human face, Watson, is like the penis... Or so said the great personality theorist Silvan Tomkins. The point being: the face, like the male member, has a mind of its own; it betrays us on an almost daily basis; advertises our secrets to those who know that to look for.

& Holmes: How goes the search for father’s lawyer’s assistant’s sister?

& Holmes: Gaslighting. A form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intention of disorienting a victim... and/or steering them on a certain course of action. The name derives from the 1938 stage play Gaslight, also known as Angel Street.

& Watson: Why do you have so many phones?
    Holmes: Well, why do you have only one? These are burners. They are utterly discardable, virtually untraceable.

& Holmes: Watson. Still surveilling?
    Watson: If by “surveilling,” you mean sitting on my butt watching a man do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, it’s going great.

& Holmes: Opinions are like anine, Watson. Everyone has one.

& Holmes: Oh, uh... when you’re finished, if you could, uh, join me downstairs to peruse some files? An old colleague of mine in London asked for my thoughts on a homicide investigation. I was able to identify the murderer in a matter of seconds. I would like to see how long it takes you... You enjoyed a modicum of success today, Watson. Let’s not let it go our heads, now, shall we?

--
shyster — темный делец

On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий