2 мар. 2013 г.

Argo

& Tony: Sir, exfils are like abortions. You don’t wanna need one... but when you do, you don’t do it yourself.

& O’Donnell: The whole country is watching you, they just don’t know it.

& Tony: What are you shooting?
    Chambers: Monster movie.
    Tony: Yeah? Any good?
    Chambers: Target audience will hate it.
    Tony: Who’s the target audience?
    Chambers: People with eyes.

& Chambers: If you’re gonna do a $20 million Star Wars rip-off... you need somebody who’s a somebody to put their name on it. Somebody respectable. With credits. Who you can trust with classified information. Who will produce a fake movie. For free.

& Lester: Hi. I only got a couple of minutes. I’m getting a lifetime achievement award.
    Chambers: Mazel tov, Lester.
    Lester: Ah. I’d rather stay home and count the wrinkles on my dog’s balls.

& Lester: Look, I gotta tell you. We did suicide missions in the Army that had better odds than this.

& Lester: We’re gonna need a script.

& Chambers: How about The Horses of Achilles?
    Lester: No good. Nobody does Westerns anymore.
    Tony: It’s ancient Troy.
    Lester: If it’s got horses in it, it’s a Western.

& Lester: If you wanna sell a lie....
    Chambers: You get the press to sell it for you.

& Lester: If I’m going to make a fake movies, it’s going to be a fake hit.

& Journalist: What does “Argo” mean?
    Lester: I don’t know.
    Journalist: You don’t know?
    Lester: It means “Argo fuck yourself.”


& C.I.A Director: You think this is more plausible than teachers?
    O’Donnell: Yes, we do. One, there are no more foreign teachers in Iran.
    Tony: And we think everybody knows Hollywood people. Everybody knows they’d shoot in Stalingrad with Pol Pot directing if it would sell tickets. There are only bad options. It’s about finding the best one.
    C.I.A Director: You don’t have a better bad idea than this?
    O’Donnell: This is the best bad idea we have, sir. By far.
    C.I.A Director: ..... The United States government has just sanctioned your science-fiction movie.

& OSS Officer Nicholls: “Iran is 100 percent not in a prerevolutionary state.” CIA brief, November 1st, 1979...
    Tony: Can’t be right all the time.

& Stewardess: The captain has informed us that we have entered Iranian airspace. We’ll be coming through to collect any remaining alcoholic beverages.

& Ken Taylor: I was expecting more of a G-man look.
    Tony: I think you’re thinking of the FBI, sir.

& Tony: Somebody’s responsible... when things happen, Jack. I’m responsible. I’m taking them through.

& O’Donnell: Find the White House chief of staff.
    Nicholls: How would I find him?
    O’Donnell: We’re a fucking spy agency! Find him!

& Lester: Sorry, pal. We’re gonna be in the movie. Call my agent.

& Stewardess: Ladies and gentlemen, it is our pleasure to announce... that alcoholic beverages are now available as we have cleared Iranian airspace.

& Lester: The saying goes, “What starts in farce ends in tragedy.”
    Chambers: No, it’s the other way around.
    Lester: Who said that exactly?
    Chambers: Marx.
    Lester: Groucho said that?

& Tony: So they’re just gonna give me an award and then they’re gonna take it back.
    O’Donnell: That’s right. If we wanted applause, we would’ve joined the circus.
    Tony: I thought we did.

& O’Donnell: Carter said you were a great American.
    Tony: A great American what?
    O’Donnell: He didn’t say.

& Lester: Argo fuck yourself.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ См. также «Шамал» (aka Whirlwind)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий