17 мар. 2013 г.

Life of Pi

& Boy: Hey, Piscine! Are you pissing right now?
    — Look at him, he’s pissing!
    Pi: With one word, my name went from an elegant French swimming pool... to a stinking Indian latrine. I was “Pissing” everywhere.

& Pi: So, what has Mamaji already told you?
    Writer: He said you had a story that would make me believe in God.
    Pi: He would say that about a nice meal... As for God, I can only tell you my story. You will decide for yourself what you believe.

& Pi: None of us knows God until someone introduces us. I was first introduced to God as a Hindu. There are 33 million gods in the Hindu religion. How can I not come to know a few of them?

& Pi: Why would a god do that? Why would He send His own son... to suffer for the sins of ordinary people?
    Priest: Because He loves us. God made Himself approachable to us, human, so we could understand Him. We can’t understand God in all His perfection. But we can understand God’s son and His suffering as we would a brother’s.
    Pi: That made no sense. Sacrificing the innocent to atone for the sins of the guilty... What kind of love is that?


& Pi: God, I give myself to you. I am your vessel. Whatever comes, I want to know. Show me.

“Set your house in order and dig in for the battle to survive. Establish a strict schedule for eating, keeping watch and getting rest. Do not drink urine or sea water. Keep busy but avoid unnecessary exertion. The mind can be kept occupied by playing card games... Twenty Questions, or I Spy. Community singing is another sure-fire way to lift the spirits. Telling stories is highly recommended. Above all, don’t lose hope.”

& Pi: Hunger can change everything you ever thought you knew about yourself.

& Pi: I can’t risk my life every time... It’s time to settle this. If we’re going to live together, we have to learn to communicate. Maybe Richard Parker can’t be tamed, but with God’s will, he can be trained.

& Pi: Can I ask you something?.. I’ve told you two stories about what happened out on the ocean. Neither explains what caused the sinking of the ship... and no one can prove which story is true and which is not. In both stories, the ship sinks... my family dies and I suffer.
    Writer: True.
    Pi: So, which story do you prefer?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий