7 мар. 2022 г.

The King's Man (2021)

Polly: Fear is natural. The problem is, the more you fear something, the more likely it is to come true.

Shepherd: What is trust? Trust is having confidence... in the honesty of another. That will be our weapon... to change the world. Who do I trust? Animals. They never let me down... and they follow my commands blindly. The question I now have is... can I trust you to behave like them?

Conrad Oxford: It's just Serbia. It's such a small part of the world. Why do they care?
Orlando Oxford: Well, because small things can grow into big problems.

Conrad Oxford: My lord, it would be my honor to volunteer.
Orlando Oxford: Honor?
Kitchener: Fine words, young Conrad.
Orlando Oxford: But therein lies the problem. Legally, you're not old enough to join up. But still young enough to believe it's an honorable thing to die for one's country.
Kitchener: The object of war is not to die for one's country... but to make the enemy die for theirs.

Orlando Oxford: Reputation is what people think of you. Character is what you are.

Orlando Oxford: You see, this war has made me realize... that we cannot rely on politicians to do their job properly. So, I decided... that we should do something about it.
Conrad Oxford: This isn't making any sense to me, Father.
Orlando Oxford: Let me explain. My reputation is of a man not wanting to be involved... which means that my character finds it much easier to be involved unnoticed. Just like domestic servants everywhere who are seen but not heard. Essentially invisible. Unless they're part of the Oxford family, of course.

Shepherd: I want you to pick up where Rasputin failed. I don't care about your ideology or your politics. Just start your fucking revolution... and get Russia out of my war... Comrade Lenin.

Comrade Lenin: When my revolution is complete... the flocks left will be so powerful... your one problem will be finding my equal to balance from the right.

Lance Corporal Reid: This is gonna sound stupid. But according to Conrad, I'm Lancelot. You're Merlin, and I'm requesting an audience with King Arthur.

Conrad Oxford: I thought I knew what I wanted. My father warned me. My father warned me. I didn't listen... and now it all makes sense.

Orlando Oxford: Enough of dealing with tentacles, Shola. It's time to cut off the head.

Shepherd: What say we end this shite as gentlemen? After all... manners maketh man.

King George: I owe you a great personal debt that I still have my crown.
Orlando Oxford: In that case, would you meet me tomorrow at Kingsman, 3:00?
King George: A tailor shop?
Orlando Oxford: Yes, sir. Number 11, Savile Row.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ pita4og: "...весьма удачная предыстория первых двух частей франшизы за авторством Мэттью Вона. Немного сюрреалистичный взгляд режиссера на мировую историю и события Первой мировой войны..."


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий