12 мар. 2022 г.

Rock of Eye

Billions 6×5


Philip Charyn: Life lesson, always carry a cleaver. Oh, wait. No. That's not really the lesson. The lesson is, know how to change the mood in a room quickly and with authority.

Philip Charyn: ...here's the deal. Your customer can have two of these, not three. Cheap and fast can't also be good. Good and fast can't also be cheap. So you can fight over turf, or... you can figure out a vision. Let the budget sort itself out.

Mike Prince: Or I can double it. ....
Philip Charyn: Not sure that's the right lesson.
Mike Prince: Most important one: "Money makes the rules."

Rhoades, Sr.: Did you know that Face ID works when you're asleep?
Chuck Rhoades: Why wouldn't it?
Rhoades, Sr.: You oughta go after Big Tech.

Daniel: Do not buy friendship or comfort.
Wendy: Where I come from, everything's a transaction.
Daniel: Where you're going... a commitment to the Buddha, the Dharma, the Sangha, the goal is to avoid being transactional at all.

Wendy: I'll start with a month. Go from there.
Daniel: Start with a day.
Wendy: When I decide something...
Daniel: Start with an hour, even a minute. Then add a minute on to that one. That's the work. We'll meet again in four days, see how it's going.
Wendy: You're not sure I can refrain from transacting for four days?
Daniel: Whether I'm sure matters not at all.

Wendy: It's not Axe Capital, Chuck.
Chuck: It's worse. Because it pretends to be better.

Kate Sacker: In my, uh, prior employment situation with He Whom I Shall Not Mention...

Ben Kim: No. You never ask for less. They'll think something's wrong with you, maybe even fire you on principle.

Kate Sacker: I know exactly what you're doing with Terravore.
Taylor Mason: Trying to pick a winner in a fast-growing sector.
Kate Sacker: Trying to get it added. To boost its price and market cap by enough that it's added to the S&P 500. When it is, all the index funds are forced to buy in, that's the rule. Which pumps the stock even more, and you can dump it before it cools.

Mike Prince: We all get a thing, right, when I do well? All the things.
Liz Prince: That's the first time you've ever said anything like that.
Mike Prince: We're all grownups here now, aren't we? So let's not leave it unsaid. You're both billionaires, or you will be partially because of all the times I held my tongue and didn't tell someone what I actually thought.
Gail Prince: You made more doing the opposite! The gift you've given us is, "Have no fear about speaking our minds."

Chuck Rhoades: They say the finest bespoke tailors have "rock of eye." Can see beyond pattern and chalk to take someone's true measure by instinct, expertise.

Mike Prince: Newspapers? They call 'em "history's first rough draft" for a reason. Same reason the Irish took 'em into the jacks before toilet paper.

Wendy: B.F. Skinner said free will is an illusion; all we really have is conditioning behavior and its consequences. And even the worst behavior, followed by pleasant consequences, is bound to be repeated.

Rhoades, Sr.: So... I need to condition myself. For the good.
Wendy: No. It's why you can't change. You've only been rewarded for bad behavior so...

Wendy: I couldn't go the four days without being transactional. I couldn't go four hours. I'm gonna start over. Call you when I get there.

Mike Prince: I know this can be an all-star team, but you can play way above the rim. But you'll never get there with blisters on your feet. That's why I keep hammering you on the fundamentals... Position sizing, focus, restraint. And, for all your moves, for all your talent, it looks like Axe never taught you how to put on your socks and your shoes...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий