23 мар. 2022 г.

Benedetta (2021)

Giuliano Carlini: We also brought a lot of oranges, apples, and wine. And you will get the same amount for the next twenty-five years. Every year.
Sister Felicita: That's very generous of you, Mr. Carlini. And the deposit?

Sister Felicita: Every year we see hundreds of beautiful girls who want to serve God. These are this year's competitions. And I can only accept three.
Giuliano Carlini: .... In exchange for your acceptance of my daughter, I will be happy to present you with a gift of 50 gold coins. Not counting fruit and wine, that's fine too, right?
Sister Felicita: Outside these walls, the bride price is not less than 50 coins. Is the bride of Christ worth less?

Benedetta: I have seen Jesus.
Father Recordati: In a dream?
Benedetta: No. Of flesh and blood. How do I see you now in front of me.
Father Recordati: When you saw it, how did you feel?
Benedetta: Fearfully.
Father Recordati: So it was a false vision. When Christ becomes incarnate for us, we are filled with joy.
Benedetta: How do I know what is right and what is wrong?
Father Recordati: Through suffering. Suffering is the only way to know Christ.

Benedetta: I do not know. I don't know how God makes things happen. I only know that God expresses His will through me. It's not just my flesh. But His too.

Le nonce: What is love in your opinion?
Benedetta: I guess love is not feeling alone. It is... a heat here.

Soeur Rosanna: Keep your head up. I learned a thing or two when I was a prostitute. Humiliation leaves no scars.

Soeur Rosanna: ... She also wanted, to be taken to the plaza on a donkey, like when Christ entered Jerusalem.
Le nonce: The donkey certainly not. But I will let her do her little comedy with sister Felicita. After all, we have to play our roles, to the end, right?

Sister Felicita: God has never spoken to me as he speaks to you.
Benedetta: He is talking to you now. It speaks to you through your pain.
Sister Felicita: So, he talks a lot! But I don't understand anything he wants to tell me.


On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий