15 нояб. 2021 г.

Potential Energy and Hooch on a Park Bench

Young Sheldon 5×3


Adult Sheldon: In physics, potential energy is a fascinating topic. Objects like springs store energy when they're coiled, waiting to unleash their full potential and soar to the heavens. ... While the potential energy of an object can be measured in absolutes, human potential remains more elusive. Sometimes, people seem to have all the potential in the world, but for some reason stay stuck to the ground.

Sheldon: But why are you wasting your time here when you could be doing science?
Dr. Sturgis: I told you, I'm happy here.
Sheldon: How could you be happy? You have a doctorate in physics, and you're sticking labels to a case of beans.
Dr. Sturgis: I had to work here a month before they let me use this thing. And yet, I could go buy a real gun on my lunch break. Ha! Texas, huh?

Dale: Well, we don't carry hockey skates. Uh, heck, I know of a place up north where you can find them. It's called Canada.

Dale: You're early.
Georgie: I was sitting in algebra and realized, don't know what "X" is, don't care what "X" is.
Dale: Boy, I hear "ex" and I think of a woman who took half my stuff.

Dr. Linkletter: But exciting new things are happening in string theory. Don't you want to be a part of that?
Dr. Sturgis: Wasting years scrambling away at the academic hamster wheel? Constantly worried that your life's work is just one big dead end?
Dr. Linkletter: Sure, some paths of research may not pan out, but we still have to try, right?
Dr. Sturgis: Do we?
Dr. Linkletter: Of course.
Dr. Sturgis: I don't know...

Dr. Linkletter: Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think, "Who is that?"
Dr. Sturgis: Would you like to give these cucumbers a spritz?
Dr. Linkletter: No, thank you. Do you sell liquor here?

Principal Peterson: You sure you didn't get a girl in trouble?... You will at some point, just take it.

Missy: Oh, no, are we going to church?
Mary: No, your father and I have a date night.
Missy: Why? Don't you have enough kids?

George: Let's talk about anything else.
Sheldon: Ooh. Perhaps this is a good time for a physics joke.
Missy: It isn't.
Sheldon: That's the cool thing about physics, time is relative. Okay, here we go...

Dr. Linkletter: So what does it all mean, John?
Dr. Sturgis: Maybe you should ask someone who isn't drinking on a park bench.
Dr. Linkletter: You work your whole life. It all seems so important at the time, but is it?
Dr. Sturgis: That's a good question. It puts me in mind of, uh, Camus' The Myth of Siphisus... Siphaphis...
Dr. Linkletter: Sisyphus.
Dr. Sturgis: That's the guy!

Mary: Oh, no. Sweetie, no, we're not fighting. We're just agreeing with each other angrily.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий