10 нояб. 2021 г.

Ils se marièrent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants (2004)

Gabrielle: You guys make me laugh. What do you think? All you need is my number? Okay, it's 0612232341. You'll call me? Then what? You say, let's have dinner. Or lunch, so as not to scare me off. Then what?

Vincent: I was in the toy department. She starts in, saying, "Even here, you can feel the sexism." Give me a break. I bust my ass to go buy a toy... "Look," she says, "look at the girls' toys. The dolls, so you'll dream of fairy princesses and the babies and diapers. "To pretend you're a mom, slaving..." Then she loses it. We get to household goods. She starts laying into me about how it's a man's world. I'm there to get a toy, she starts up, I never do housework, I stay out late. And then, she insists on buying him a vacuum cleaner! A vacuum cleaner is for girls! He's a boy. Why buy him a girl's toy? It's hell. She wants to prove we're the same. We're not. I'm a man, she's a woman. There's a big difference.

Georges: Never argues with his wife. Weird.
Vincent: How do you know?
Georges: They moved in weeks ago. Nothing.

Vincent: I love my wife. That's not the problem. I love my wife and other women. No more lies. I love them all. The incredible thing is, because I love one woman... one... I can't have the others. Do you realize her importance? It's her, or potentially all the others. Let's divide the world in two. On one side is my wife, on the other, all other women. My wife... all the others. The others, my wife. I chose my wife. Only two explanations: Either my wife is a goddess, or I'm crazy.

Fred: I'm going to have a baby. A child. A girl, if you want to know.
Vincent: You're joking, right?
Fred: No, it's no joke.
Vincent: Hang on. I must have missed a beat.
Fred: A girl I slept with got pregnant, and she wants to keep the baby. And so do I, I think. That's all.
Vincent: I don't get it.
Fred: It's simple.
Vincent: Are you in love?
Fred: Don't start in with that stupid romantic paradigm. Daddy, Mommy...
Vincent: Be serious.
Fred: No, you be serious. And don't judge me.
Vincent: I'm not, I want you to be happy.
Fred: Why? Are you happy? You happy? You don't look it. You're the one in pain, not me. You live with fairy tales you learned as a boy. "They got married and lived happily ever after." Bullshit! What is it? To have a kid with a woman I love. The fruit of our love, is that it? When I fall for another woman I just eat my heart out? Hey, wake up! You live in a bourgeois world, and it's out of date! Look at the divorce figures. Maybe in 40 years, I'll be the norm.
Vincent: Forty years is how long my parents have been married.

+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий